Recently bought '91 TC Maserati

Guest d_voitel

Guest d_voitel

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm now a proud owner of a '91 TC. I saw it sitting in front of a salvage yard. It looked good but was pretty dirty. After negotiating with the folks, I was able to purchse the car for $1500. After getting the car home and cleaning it up, it turned out to be all there and won't take much to get it on the road. It's white with a white top and black leather. I should have tags on it late next week.

Welcome, Glad to hear of your good fortune. We have 2 (wife & I). Working on getting another. They run very well, Pretty comfortable, Get looks where ever we go. What more could a person ask for. Good Luck, Lou

Guest d_voitel

Since my post yesterday, I made an appointment for the inspection next Monday (8/25). I should have tags and be able to drive it late next week. I haven't many out here in Maryland so I suspect it will be a head turner. I've been checking it over and there doen't appear to need many repairs. Most everything seems to work for now. There doesn't appear to be any rust. I will need to replace the soft top. There's a top shop out here that will do the job pretty reasonable.

I'm plannning on joining the TC Club Soon.

Guest StudeDude 01

Welcome to the club. I noted that you are located in MD---give me a yell if you have any interesting issues via my email address. The 2 cars I own have been pretty good but have needed TLC, sometimes extensive. But, that's part of the hobby. Have fun.

Guest d_voitel

Thanks for the feedback. I live in Mount Airy...not too far away. I notice you are a Studie fan. My first car was a '48 Studie convertible. I grew up in South Bend and had a tour of the factory as a kid. If you ever get out that way, I recommend a tour of the new Studebaker museum. I'm planning to enjoy the TC. As you say, it's part of the hobby.

I don't know where I picked up the pic, but mine was the same body. There was also a custom convertible featured in Hot Rod or such. The last one I saw was in a fender bender. As I went by I could see the young owner crying over the bent fender. It had been a perfect resto with a Purple metallic paint job.

In the Poconos of PA, I think on Rt609, there is a restaurant (very good food) named Studebakers. When we visit Son for Thankgiving we always eat there at least once.

Out front, parked in the same place, sits an all original '65 Golden Hawk. Plates, and Inspection sticker are always up to date.

I also just bought my first TC Maserati. 1990, 16 valve, black. Just got it to pass the Virginia Inspection and can take it out to play. Anyone know where I can get an owner's manual? I don't need an original, a copy will do for me.

Any TC owners out there in Virginia?

Rick

Hi Rick,

Congratulations, I may have one. I will look later and let you know by tomorrow AM. Good Luck, Lou

Where in VA are you located

Hey Rick,

I just remenmbered where I thought I had one, found it. It's a 91, with a new vinyl case. what we call a wallet.

The Owners Manual looks like a new reproduction. The "wallet" is a new navy blue suede velcro snap open with multi pockets inside, with a black key fob with heavy brass pentstar with serial # inside. This Key fob was one of thos if found you dropped it in a mailbox and Chrysler returned it to you, all still in it's plastic. Make me an offer. Lou

TC-Virgina, I'd like to hear a little more about your car if you have a chance cool.gif I try to keep track of the 16V cars and where they end up... Did that car make a trip up from Florida to you? If so, I have worked on that car some and it is a nice solid example. smile.gif Could use some little TLC services but it runs strong and is nice and strait. Maybe you could start a little thread of your own with a little story about you and your car. Pictures are a plus as well wink.gif

Alan