Reatta Needs Texts for Top Cruiser Crown

Guest GMcars

Guest GMcars

From the car that shined the brightest to finding out who won a stoplight drag race, Detroit's Woodward Ave, has always been about "bragging rights." As part of GM's Century Cruise, GM adds a new twist on Woodward bragging rights and will crown a "top cruiser" from the vehicles participating in the Century Cruise. Our '91 Reatta Convertible is a participant - the only Reatta.

Each cruiser has been assigned a parade position. Ours is # 93. If you are attending on Aug 16th, the same # will appear on the cars. Parade attendees can vote for their favorite car by texting "GM" and the assigned number to 466398 (GMnext) between Aug. 7th-16th, (at 6:00pm EDT). To submit your votes for our Reatta as the Top Cruiser text: GM93 to 466398. Voters can vote for their favorite as often as they'd like. The announcement of the winner will be made Saturday evening at the cruise and presented live on Detroit's WXYZ TV. We'll do our best to represent the Reatta name at this high profile event. Attached is a picture of the car. We would appreciate every vote from the Reatta fan base. Text: GM93 to 466398 Event info at www.GMnext.com

post-45645-143137996209_thumb.jpg

Guest GMcars

Nic,

When we purchased the car the owner gave me that image. Not the poster as you've seen on eBay with the wording, but said that when he bought the car from the original GM employee who owned it/worked at the Craft Centre, it came with the photo. He had the actual photo but his wife didn't want to part with it and wanted to keep it as a momento, so he scanned it at high res and emailed it to me. That may just be my car in it. Oakland Hills is right around the corner where the golf tournament is right now and the Reatta has lived in a 30 mile radius of it since being built.

You've got my vote, since we have identical cars.

<---------

May even be in Detroit that day to see you go by.

Also, regarding the poster with the 1938 Y-job: I was fortunate enough to get the framed and matted picture that hung in Bob Henderson's (nat'l Buick sales manager) office in Flint. These pictures keep getting scarcer. I noticed the e-Bay bid was up over $50.

Guest GMcars

Thanks for all the support. A few things to add related to the thread:

- It's a week away and the weather looks good, so we are excited.

- It's nice to see the Reatta get included.

- Cool to know you have the same car Bob! Barney said there are 11. The Sloan Museum has 1, so that's 3/11.

- Reattaman got the poster on eBay. But, we have a hi-res scan of an identical photo from the former owner.

- Lastly, I entered 5 cars for consideration in the Century Cruise hoping they'd chose 1. To my surprise they chose 4! It's been a lot of coordination to find 3 drivers and fill the passenger seats. My sister's driving the Reatta along with my 5 year old niece. I'll be icrusing n the last employee-owned car: Our 2007 XLR-V. Nothing against the Reatta. She's just more comfortable driving that than the XLR-V.

Guest CL_Reatta

Sent my message along.... Hope I will see you today.. look for me in my red capri with the Australia flag plate on front

I sent my message along and even waved at whoever was driving your Reatta this morning. Don't know if that was you or not but I waved and whoever it was waved back, that was around 13 Mile Road in front of the Walgreens where I was. Also, CL_Reatta, I saw your Capri last night cruising. You were heading north as I was going south and I really took a long look at it as I haven't seen any before as I do not believe they made it to Canada.

Guest GMcars

Thanks for the support everyone. Todd volunteered to drive the Reatta for me and he said he waved at a lot of people that day. I drove the XLR. Family and friends were in the other two cars that were chosen - The Vette and the Pontiac. I would have been in the Reatta but we were asked to make way for members of "social media/bloggers" who never showed at 7:30 when the cruise departed for GM headquarters. April asked me to write a brief article for the newsletter which 'll work on this week. I took some pictures too which I'll send her. Thanks again!

Guest CL_Reatta

ny Idea what place you took... I was gonna try to catch the little parade that started at the ren-cen, but im not a morning person at all