Windshield Fog

kilkm

I bought a '01 Lesabre last week as a replacement work car. Super clean low mile car from an elderly gentelman, very nice car. When I run the A/C on these hot humid days I'm getting fog on the OUTSIDE of the windshield and have to clear it with the wipers occasionally. Never had this problem with any car before. I see the A/C lines on this car run across the back of the engine compartment and there is a lot of insulation above them. Anyone else have this problem with this? Could I try putting some pipe insulation on the lines. Appreciate anyone's thoughts.

You are getting an accumulation of the humidity in the outside air when it hits the cold spot on the windshield, probably in the morning.

If you get a lot of airflow out of the defroster vents even though the dash control is set to mid or floor level, you may need to get the blend door adjusted; could be stuck in the wrong position.

Good luck!

Joe

A no cost cure for this to add a little heat into the air flow mix even with the A/C on so that the windshield will not get that cold. This also works well when it is raining and you get into your vehicle with damp/wet clothes and the inside of the windows want to fog up.

My dad taught me this trick. smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could also just try throwing an old dish towel over the defroster vents, removing it when necessary. </div></div>

We're talking about being all foggy right?

A dish towel may bunch up and impair his vision. Lay something flat over the defroster vents...long, narrow and thin...a piece of cardboard maybe?

Wait...

I know!

A couple of bumper stickers!

global_warming-sticker.jpg

global_warming-sticker.jpg