Adjusting glove box

Guest snowdrift

Guest snowdrift

My glove box sticks out on the left side when closed. Not the console one. I can not find any place to adjust it. Does anyone know how I can do this? The right side is flush as should be. If everything wasn't plastic I think I could just twist the door a little but with the plastic I don't think that is the way to go. Thank You!

Guest snowdrift

Yes, it is just the door. I thought there would be some adjustment but I can't find any. So I will check for a replacement. Thanks for comments.

Yep, afraid the door is warped by what you describe. I have not seen this particular problem, but GM has a lot of plastic interior parts that tend to do this. Dash pads are probably the worst. Door panels also exhibit this problem sometimes. I've also seen a few A-pillar trim covers deform such that they would not stay mounted tight.

Honestly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more considering the temperatures that can occur inside a car in the summer time.

KDirk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KDirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Honestly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more considering the temperatures that can occur inside a car in the summer time.

KDirk

</div></div>

I've been using a "California Pop Top" for about 2 months now. Really makes a difference. With temps in the mid 90's my interior is 100 after a day in the sun. I have seen 150 plus without the cover.. Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nic walker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, what is a Calfifornia Pop Top please (sunroof thingie maybe)....picture? </div></div>

There were several posts on the POP TOP 3 or 4 mos ago. See if I can attach a couple pics:

post-40659-14313799486_thumb.jpg

post-40659-143137994863_thumb.jpg

post-40659-143137994866_thumb.jpg

Yeah,

Gotta love the California pop-top. I ordered 2 from them about a month ago. Been using it pretty regularly, and it does what it says it does. I had an interesting conversation with the gentleman who owns the company at the time I ordered. He expressed some disappointment that he had only sold a handful for the Reatta (which is model specific). In fact, he is making them as one-offs at this point since he can't justify having inventory on hand for the low volume he's sold so far.

Anyway, I highly recommend this product, it is not terribly expensive (about $70) and will save you that amount in damage to your interior many times over.

KDirk

Don't know how, but I must have missed the posts on this product. Is it a special material or something to reduce heat? Looks like a coupe that it is covering.

I have a cockpit cover for the roadster taht I bought from Barney years ago, but really have not used it .... hmmmm - I don't even remember what I did with it now frown.gif.

Nic,

It is made of Tyvek, a lightweight synthetic fabric like product made by Dupont. It is available for both the coupe and the roadster. The beauty of this cover is that it is made to be put on and taken off quickly by one person. I can attest that with a little practice, it can be done in about 2 minutes.

It is much easier to deal with than a full car cover.

KDirk