adapters on spoke wheels?

thanks for all the replies on oil problems! very intestering!turned out sending unit was bad simple replacement. understand oil pump normally dosent go bad,what weight oil to use jury still out. still showing low oil pressure when sitting at stop lights ect but imeditally climbs when stepping on gas.new question? have 4 tc's three with after market chrome wheels considering spoke wheels. told i would have to use a adapter for spoke wheels. don't like the idea of adapters. anyone whith comments on past experiences please reply thanks again for past help to all.

Hi Mike,

There are 2 basic style of wire wheel mountings. The original european style including Bandini etc. were held in place with a splined shaft and a "Knock off Spinner" these always used an adapter. The Kelsey Hayes, and Daytons use a bolt on axle flange to bolt on these don't need an adapter if the correct bolt pattern is available. The problem is at this time sourses anly seem to want to supply for he very popular sizes. Good Luck, Lou

Meanwhile, in a dark and dusty corner of the garage, past the piles of forgotten childhood toys and parchment boxes from spring cleaning of the years past; Tim's TC sits envious of the attention the Smart is getting from him. Constant washing, waxing and application of shiny new parts is happening up front where the Smart lives. If we listen closely we can hear the faint mournful sobbing coming from that dark corner...

Guest mystic

hi do front wheel drive wheelsdo they

need differrent fittings and what is it,ive seen fwd awailable thansalan

I'm not sure what you're asking but you do need to get wheels made for front wheel drive cars. When shopping for wheels the books will tell you the applications they will fit, i.e. FWD vs RWD, bolt pattern, offset, etc. Go and talk to someone at a tire and wheel store who who primarily focuses on those item (meaning not autozone) and they can tell you more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mystic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hi do front wheel drive wheelsdo they

need differrent fittings and what is it,ive seen fwd awailable thansalan </div></div>

Not totally sure what you are asking but... Any 5X100mm wheels with a 35-40mm offset should fit your TC (or most FWD Chrysler/Dodges) of the era. Lugnuts should me matched to the style of wheel though, some have a tapered shoulder and the old school nuts have a flat shoulder. Heck, there may even be different angles on the tapered nuts.

Alan