Hi guys, getting the reatta back...

Guest CL_Reatta

Guest CL_Reatta

hey guys, ive been popping in every few weeks lately, and in 2 weeks me and my girlfriend will be taking a trip to georgia to pick up my old reatta that I sold, which has some issues which i will address in a seperate thread. The only difference will be it will be her car instead of mine, but she said that she will gladly share grin.gif

Yeah! for you and your girlfriend. I just lost mine due to vandals, so it's nice to see someone retrieve theirs. Good Luck with it --- and watch out -elderly men were always hitting on me in parking lots when I drove my Reatta:)!

Guest CL_Reatta

LOL, well im not too worried about that, i dont think that grey haired men quite do it for an 18 year old

Guest steveskyhawk

Debbie,

I wonder what the average age of new Reatta buyers was. My guess would be 55 or so. I was told that my convertible was "Dad's retirement gift to himself". I'll bet they were 90% male too.

For those that are looking for a nice Reatta: if you are lucky enough to find a "one owner" consider the purchase an adoption. If they have kept an expensive car for 17-20 years there is an emotional attachment. If the owner gets offended in any way or they believe you are not going to "restore" the car to its original glory they may not sell it to you at any price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder what the average age of new Reatta buyers was. My guess would be 55 or so. </div></div>Let's find out what the average age of Reatta owners is now. Take the poll I just placed on my website. It is on the right side of the homepage toward the bottom of the page. Click the link in my signature line and it will take you there.

So far over 50% of those who have participated in the poll have been between 50 and 60 years old.

Take the poll I just placed on my website. It is on the right side of the homepage toward the bottom of the page. Click the link in my signature line and it will take you there.

Guest CL_Reatta

I remeber they had a thread on this a while back, look for the thread "reatta owners age" or something along those lines

My Dad was the original owner of the '89 Reatta I had for a while. He received a call from Buick marketing in early 1990 asking for demographics. At the time, he was 72 and the person asking the survey questions lost her place in the script, went off topic and told him the car was marketed to sell to the 45-55 age bracket. My Dad was always a car guy and it made his day!

I had that Reatta while I was in my late fifties to early sixties and it now belongs to 89ReattaJim (age unknown except by 89ReattaJim!).

Hmmm,

Well I am 34, so I guess I just helped bring down the average age for the group. Does this mean my younger brother can give me a hard time about being an old man? Heh, he did that before I owned the Reatta, so I can't blame the car. Of course, my other car is a 1995 Deville so maybe he's right.

Then again, he drives a 1993 Fleetwood Brougham, so who's laughing at who? Oh well, I'd much rather be an "old man" than some punk in a Honda Civic with K&N window decals and a 6" chrome exhaust getting busted by mall security for cruising the parking lot.

In all seriousness, I have seen a pretty good range of age for Reatta owners. At least two that I have seen driving around St. Louis have had guys that looked to be mid 20's or so in the driver's seat. One was beat up pretty bad, so it was probably a "hand me down" or a used lot bargain that just happened to be cheap enough to fit the bill.

The one that probably first started my interest in the Reatta about 6-7 years ago was a polo green coupe with a rather attractive young woman (looked 25-30) driving. Others I have seen were driven by people in the 40-65 range, both male and female.

Coupes in average condition are now inexpensive (read: undervalued) enough that "budget" minded parents may pick one up for high-school kids figuring that if they beat it to death, it was only a $4000-5000 investment.

A fringe benefit from a parental perspective is that it also keeps them from having a backseat with 3 teenagers distracting them from driving. Or using the backseat for other things that make parents cringe. This may account for some of the younger drivers seen in Reatta's currently.

KDirk

The poll on my website says the 51-60 age group are still leading the way in Reatta ownership at 48.8%. Surprisingly the 61-70 age group is in second place. I thought it would be the 41-50 people.

I encourage everyone to go to the website and take the poll.