Sneak preview #3 OUT OF THE SHED

50jetback

Went for a short run today, up to the front gate and back a couple of times.

Still have to fit running board rubbers, sidemounts, front indicators and wire up fog lights ( don't get much fog here, but they look good) plus a million other things!!!

Another week or two and we might hit the road.

post-31244-143137990426_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143137990461_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143137990492_thumb.jpg

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Stu:

Great looking car !! Why did you load all the pictures backward? Just kidding !! Great example of a RHD Buick !!

Holden Bodied car, too !! NEAT !!!!!

Regards, Dave Corbin

Thanks Dave, Dave and Mark. I keep looking at the photo of the car as I pulled it out of the container after transporting it from Queensland and thinking I must be mad!!!

It gets worse when you see the car I sold to finance the restoration of the 34, my much loved 1928 Buick Roadster. Mark you would appreciate that car, one of 251 factory built ( Flint ) RHD 1928 Roadsters for export to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Car looks great. Nice bush backdrop there. Clearly you don't live in downtown Perth then?

</div></div>

Dave do you know Perth? I'm 25kms from the GPO at Darlington in the Eastern Hills ( Darling Ranges ).

post-31244-143137990598_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143137990608_thumb.jpg

Stuart,

Been there a few times as its quite close to Singapore.

Last time though was when I drove the Jaguar accross from Sydney [home town for me] so must have passed right by your neck of the woods! I remember the day well as it was a day of extreme temperature changes and my windscreen cracked!

Perhaps you some of the guys in the Jaguar club there? They were a lot of help to me when I was rebuilding the Jaguar in Singapore. Terry McGrath, the club historian in particular.

The 28 looked good. Did you do that restoration too?

Regards