WOW!! What a differance

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

Brought the car back from Cumberland and it just did not run right. Must be that fresh Cumberland air.I wanted to take it to our own local show,but it just refused.I finaly pulled the carb. and sent it to the experts,got it back last night and WOW!!,anyone with a carb problem I recomend Treadwell carburetor. Treadwell NY. (607) 8298321 Vary resonable.

I too had a carb issue that cropped up at the Cumberland show. Idle somewhat rough but not bad however it was dripping a tiny amount of gas out of the base plate. Removed the carb, disassembled all, took out the slight base plate warp with 400 / 600 / 1000 grit sandpaper on a flat surface, cleaned / reassembled and it is now perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brought the car back from Cumberland and it just did not run right. Must be that fresh Cumberland air.I wanted to take it to our own local show,but it just refused.I finaly pulled the carb. and sent it to the experts,got it back last night and WOW!!,anyone with a carb problem I recomend Treadwell carburetor. Treadwell NY. (607) 8298321 Vary resonable. </div></div>

Dick,

Just wondering what did Treadwell Carburetor do for you? (Tear it down then clean it and rebuild it or just adjust it, etc.??)

Guest windjamer

Charlie, treadwell disasembled the whole thing (carter afb) rebuilt it and I dont know how but they called me to find out what engine it was off of and said they wanted to run it. Called me back ,said they had run it and where sure I would be happy.I am. Cost me $165.00 I thought that was Darn cheap.

Dick, thanks for the reply. I agree with you 100% that was Darn Cheap given the work performed.

I will have to make a note to myself regarding Treadwell for the future when I need Carb work done.