No Air Conditioning??

Guest Guyver280Z

Guest Guyver280Z

Not a good time to not have A/C qhen outside is 117 F

My Vette's compressor is gone... and now the Reatta's compressor clutch pops off suddenly, Everytime I start the car I have to open the hood and poke the clutch in to make it go on again... but then while Im driving it suddenly disconects and it wont go on until I stop again and pop it back....

Any suggestions??? Check out the Pic... mad.gif

post-56880-143137988554_thumb.jpg

Could be a weak clutch coil but I would bet the air gap is too wide on the clutch and needs adjusted. You said it would work if pushed closer to the coil.

The air gap should be .020 - .030. The same tool that removes the clutch can be used to press the clutch on a little further. You can rent the tool from Autozone.

post-52331-143137988902_thumb.jpg

Guest Guyver280Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be a weak clutch coil but I would bet the air gap is too wide on the clutch and needs adjusted. You said it would work if pushed closer to the coil.

The air gap should be .020 - .030. The same tool that removes the clutch can be used to press the clutch on a little further. You can rent the tool from Autozone.

</div></div>

Oh really??? Well, that makes sense.. yeah, the gap is huge, let me see if they have that tool at my autozone.

Thanks buddy!! laugh.gif