38 Roadmaster info please

avantey

Hi all- I have a '38 Roadmaster sedan with dual sidemounts that we have not used in a number of years (our interest has turned to older cars). Just curious about how the market is out there right now for these cars. Not sure I want to sell but thinking about it as it would help fund the resto on my '16 Hupp roadster. I still like the big ol' Buick bear but we are doing it a big dis-service letting it set for so long.

Thanks for any input- Bill

Mark- thank you for the reference. I did look it up recently on Manheim and another site. What I am curious about is the market demand right now.

Is there much interest in the late pre-war cars out there? I know I still love the looks from '30-'34 but I have lost touch with the late thirties world.

thanks- Bill

Hi Bill,

My perception is that over the last couple of years, the market for stock late 1930s and early 1940s cars has had a growing demand. I guess people are expanding their interest beyond muscle cars, customs, and street rods. You may want to check the auction results from Barrett-Jackson, Kruse, RM, and The Worldwide Group for 1937-38 Buicks.

Grandpa

Bill,

The demand in my opinion is relatively unchanged. However, since many are financially stressed in today's economy and gasoline is much higher, there actually seems to be more old "gas guzzlers" for sale.

Supply and demand dictates that prices have softened a bit with the slightly increased supply.