IPC? and SIR?

CReichert

What are these diagnostic codes for? I accidentally went into one of these diagnostic modes after I was checking my ECM and BCM codes. When I was in it, I accidentally hit the first "item" and I think I might have changed it in my efforts to exit diagnostics! It said input data? and then either 11 or 1.1 and I might have incremented the number!! Did I do something wrong and can I fix it? Also, before I have to shell out $120 to Helms, does anyone happen to have a used user manual for a 90 for sale? <BR>Thanks,<BR>CTR

I'm not sure about '90 but on '88 to change any settings you have to go into the override section. If you are changing any option setting {type of tape deck} there's a sequence you have to go through to lock in the change. If the car is running and you enter diagnostics a couple things happen.<BR>1) car computer goes into default run mode<BR> aka limp home.<BR>2) a trouble code is generated and stays in computer until next time its in diagnostics.<BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: Don B. ]

Don't believe you messed up anything playing around with diagnostics. You can set certain perameters for troubleshooting, but the system will revert to factory settings upon exit.<P>The 1990 service manual seems to be a hot item. Check eBay and also the three or so people that sell new and used auto manuals.<P>As expensive as the manual may be, a manual should accompany every Reatta.

Since no one else answered - IPC is Instrument Panel Cluster and SIR (supplemental inflatable restraint ?) is the airbag. Using the display you should be able to clear the codes.<P>If the instrument panel is working then I would not worry about the IPC. As for the SIR, it depends on how you feel about explosives in front of your face (part of the reason I have an '88).