Bolt Patterns

What bolt pattern are the reatta rims? Looking to get aftermarket 17's and Im getting like 4 diff bolt patterns showing for my car...

Some will claim that 5x4.5" (Chrysler) will fit. That is 5x114.3mm AFAIR and will bolt up but I would get the right thing. Keep in mind that GM rims really register on the center hub and not the lugs. Ones that do not may be unbalanceable.<P>The <a href="http://www2.gdi.net/~padgett/enk2.jpg">Enkeis</a> I chose for mine were only partly for looks. Other factors were<BR>- deep center and acorn nuts so I could use standard Reatta lug nuts and locks with cover in place<BR>- hub registering centers<BR>- dual 110/115 pattern (my Fiero and smaller GM cars are 110)<BR>- what I thought was proper offset (38mm) but turned out to add a touch (3/4") to the track (3/8" on each side). 46 mm would have probably been better (what the GM 16x7s on our Bonneville are stamped) particularly with the way the tires seem to stick out from the back.<BR>- and, of course, price.<P>Mention this because aftermarket mfrs do not want to make a lot of different offsets so will tend to make sure nothing rubs on the inside by adding a bit of Kentucky windage (takes a 3-piece wheel to really be able to dial in the offset).<P>Best way is to have a spare wheel without a tire, bolt it up, and measure the offsets. If you go to a wider rim (and I would suggest 7's or 8's for a Reatta) then make certain the rim center stays in the same place. <BR>Unfortunately what the wheel mfr claims to be the offset or backspacing may seem to have been measured with one of Smokey's rulers.<p>[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: padgett ]

padgett, are those rims 16? And with the offset, did it throw off you speedometer. Also from the pic your car looks lower...How did you manage to do that if it is lower?

Mine are 16x7s with Michelin 225x60x16 X-Ones. A 225x60x16 is .25" larger radius than a 215x65x15 so speedo is very close. If going to a 17 then a 255x45x17 is the same diameter as a 215x65x15 (is 1.4" wider on the section width but that is a different consideration).

Might point out that later mustangs are 5 X 4.5 [114.3], but the offset tends to be in the neighborhood of 28mm. I have never tried one on, though nice aftermarket 16 and 17" mustang wheels are becoming plentiful as the muscle car boys trade up to 18 and 20 inchers. I think mustangs are lugcentric. They also tend to have 255X50 or 60s which will fill up a Reatta wheel well in a hurry, lift the car an 1.5 higher than it already is, and will give measureable speedometer error in exchange for a gas mileage premium. I would be concerned that a tire that size might put some strain on an already marginal gearbox, and would tend to aggravate the very high overdrive. Could bring revs under 2000 at 75.

I wouldn't think wheels from a rwd car would work on a fwd. The backspacings are usually completely different, even if the bolt pattern was the same. Our wheels are only about 3/4" from the outer bead seat to the inside of the mounting flange. A wider wheel, with the extra width divided reasonably equally between outside and inside would seem to be a better idea.