still runs a little ruff the first inch of giving it gass

Guest Bobby Valines

Guest Bobby Valines

you people have been so great maby one day ill be able to help people like you guys do cant rember my phone number but i rember stuff about cars anyway my 89 was runing real weak changed icm and then the coil pack with some help from here made a big difference the wires and plugs have been changed from person i bought it from and it still runs ruff for the first inch of peatle then runs good not sure but im thinking it has somthing to do with the air fuel mixture any help would be great thank you

Check your fuel pressure (a gauge cost like $20-$40)

Run some engine (fuel/oil) cleaner through her. People here like seafoam. I just use engine flush or trany fluid for my oil flushes. Also for the fuel I just use STP on a very low tank, but I would not do it more than once.

Before the fuel treatment change the fuel filter.

After doing this I would look at the crank position sensor, mass air flow sensor, and the TPS (throtle position sensor).

Guest Drake

Bobby,I had a similar issue not to long ago. After replacing and checking several items as Daniel suggested, I found that the mounting gasket for the EGR valve was split. At the time I didn't take any chances. I replaced the EGR valve,gasket and gave the throttle body assembly a good cleaning.(Inside of throttle body looked as though it was a soot collection container ). Runs as smooth as silk with instant throttle response.

Guest Bobby Valines

just checked egr valve gasket looks fine it was the easiest fix everything looked good already did the fule injecter cleaner in what order would you start replacing the other stuff i just moved to fl and would like to have the 89 ready to take a trip to detroit next summer this car looks great body and the inside but i dont think they did nuch to the drive train it has 13000 mi the radio dont work right eather i changed the amp with a 94 truck like danial segested in another post i havent figured out how to take the first cover out to check conetions on the radio part want to check that first if i knock on it some times it comes on i think it was danial that said he has a extra one let me know what you think thank you very much for the help

Guest topless1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> radio dont work right eather i changed the amp with a 94 truck like danial segested in another post i havent figured out how to take the first cover out to check conetions </div></div>

booby-

postwasjust alittle hardto read but didfigureitout

Guest Bobby Valines

Im in boynton beach just s of west palm beach where you at jim. Dan If you knock on the glass sometimes it works sometimes it dont but when it works it works good. Do you think it needs new one. How do you get the cover off i dont want to bend it. do you think i need a new one or maby just bad con. I also need two weels mine are scrached up. the centers are good.thanks for the help bobby

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topless1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> radio dont work right eather i changed the amp with a 94 truck like danial segested in another post i havent figured out how to take the first cover out to check conetions </div></div>

booby-

postwasjust alittle hardto read but didfigureitout </div></div>

Since you are new here I'll be nice about it, but we have been through the grammar and spelling police thing, and prefer that members here are civil and tolerant of fellow Reatta members, no matter how posts are written. cool.gif

Guest simplyconnected

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped trying to get people to post messages the are readable.</div></div> Now Ronnie, I got a lot of respect for you, but what kind of sentence is THIS?

Dave (the spelling cop)

Guest Bobby Valines

I went to school in the 70s dident do much home work. Was more interested in girls and partying

Guest simplyconnected

Bobby, we ALL partied like dogs in our day. This forum is about people helping others with their car problems, and the only way we have to communicate our ideas, is by the written word.

It's real hard to get a clear understanding of someone's troubles, unless they express every pertinent detail in plain English. We rarely get the luxury of seeing pictures.

The AACA members are true restorers with an untold wealth of knowledge about many hundreds of different cars. They are as helpful as they can be, but they need a clear understanding of all posts. I think that’s fair. We give our help for free. Take the time to use Microsoft WORD. It will help you post good grammar correct spelling.

Henry Ford didn't make it to the eighth grade, and he never had a driver's license. His English was horrible, but he wrote a book.

Thomas Edison had THREE MONTHS of formal school.

I guess it's a good thing neither are members here, because our smarter members wouldn't have time to decipher ignorance, so they'd jump to the next post. That’s 2008 “progress.”