1932 Parts

Guest superods

Guest superods

Need some high direction here. Have a set of four wire wheels in excellent condition with hub caps. What is a fair price for them? Also have an extra speedometer and a full set of gauges to include a clock. What should those items sell for?

Guest superods

Birdman....presently in negotiations on the items you speak of. I gave the gentleman a price on the motor and trans out of this 902 5 passenger at 3500.00. I have no clue how it runs or if it runs. He has offered me 2500.00. Wanted 2500.00 for front and rear suspension and he has offered me 1500.00. He also wants the items I have asked help in pricing. I have yet to price them....I came here to ask other's more knowledgeable than I for some direction. I figure the speedo itself is worth 400.00 and the complete set of gauges are worth a grand...and the wheels are worth 150.00 each in the condition they are. I have pictures of everything if anyone is interested.

From what I can see from watched E-bay auctions. Two clocks went one for 50 and one for 71. I know NOS clocks were available for $400. A "restored" temp gauge went for 320. It appeared that face had not been restored. A speedo in good shape went for $200.

I personally bought a year ago a full set of gauges including clock and speedo for $400. I still have them. I used the acquired ammeter when I restored my gauges to make one good ammeter. Your pricing doesn't seemed to be unreasonable unless you are talking to a non-Packard owner or someone who is rstoring on a tight budget smile.gif If the guages need to be restored, that's another $2K plus on top of the acquisition cost. I wouldn't let the full set of gauges go less than $2K.

Guest superods

Thanks Birdman....

Will ask 1500 for a set and 500 for the speedo.

I could break out the speedo if you want it...will trade it for the wheel if that works for you.

Also need a complete dovetail set for one of my doors on 32 coupe that was not with the car.

Guest superods

It is like anything else Tom....you have a buyer willing to pay then it is worth it. With these early thirties cars.... there are not many out there. Posting parts on this site is economic suicide...one would starve to death if he had to depend on buyers frequenting this forum. They are all looking to buy cheap. I am the same way. You can buy twice as much for half the price is my motto. Regardless, life goes on ..... thank God for ebay !!

Super,

I was just playing around you know being a snotty youngster wink.gif

We all are not finally set so we do what we can ourselves and call in the pros when need be. I know things don’t come cheap but if we are all willing to chip in and help each other out we would have a lot more of these old wonderful cars out on the road again smile.gif Isn't this what this hobby is all about.

Boy I can't wait to get my car finished and on the raod again....

Guest superods

I agree with you Tom and also with you West. The point I meant to make is that they built these automobiles so well back then...many components are not in need of anything...let alone replacement. Then I went off center, as usual, and added my two cents about all those frugal souls who read the posts in here.

At any rate, I got my woodgraining kit from U-Grain it. I did a test piece and it is as simple as simple gets to obtain professional results. I will get my custom base colors and custom inks soon, when I do will post photos of my parts. And Tom I told you I would do your dash if you we kind to me ....so quit pickin on me already !! HA HA !!

Rods,

No worries here we all are in this together right...

I was not picking on you. As they all know me here I not that type of person to do that. Sometimes my comments don't come across like I want them too. I am not a english major smile.gif

Will you be wood graining your window trim and other piece parts too?

Ok how can I sugar coat you for your offering to do my dash? Are you willing to do some of the other pieces? We can talk off line if you like?

Quote from my Father-in-law

"If we were all alike life would be boring" wink.gif

Sounds like Tom is advocating a car commune.:) I have sold parts to people on the list at what I consider a reduced price from the market price. But I can surely see if you are trying to restore a close Packard, the price of the parts hurt worse than if you are doing an open car relative to the final value of the car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Birdman....

Will ask 1500 for a set and 500 for the speedo.

I could break out the speedo if you want it...will trade it for the wheel if that works for you.

Also need a complete dovetail set for one of my doors on 32 coupe that was not with the car.

</div></div>

OK how about a steering wheel for the clock and the speedo?

Guest superods

Birdman... I see you are also a horse trader. Holy moly. I have a gent in california, believe it or not, who wants to fly here to Ohio for motor ..trans and suspension parts.... and drive a U-haul back to California. Geeeeeez. He also said he wanted all the other items I had and whatever else I had laying around I did not what when he came out here. I have some ligts and some bumpers also That is why I offered you speedo ..he did not need the extra one. The clock is what everyone seems to want. If I had an extra one I would throw it in..but I do not..sorry. No dove tail set ????

Guest superods

Not a problem....I will pick out the best of the two for you....the one with the least amount of miles maybe? If one has a better face and glass that would be the one I send you.

Guest superods

What is a cutout regulator? No clue what it is. Where is it located in the car ? Do you have a photo of one? I can look and see if I have one.

Guest superods

Birdman....sent you an email with some shots of the engine. Maybe you can see the item you want.

Guest superods

I have told Tom I would be happy to grain his pieces and parts...he gets them ready and he buys the materials. About 6 cans of spray materials...various...primers...base coats and clear coat...eac about 15.00 and one jar of ink at 20 bucks. But I want to do mine first so everyone can see how professional a job one can do with the proper tools. I puchased all the Packard plates but my base coat and ink is not what they used back then. That is why he needs to buy primers and ink.

Well hell... the gernerator is in a box somewhere. You said it was near the air cleaner.... Geeeez. Let me look tomorrow an see if the generator has a little box attached. Will let you know....happy to throw it in and do Tom's stuff not a problem...If I have it otherwise back to the drawing board. BTW I am looking for a gas pedal for my 32 Club sedan that is my next build.