Looking for guidance on finding information on values

scollins

This is my first time here. Can anyone give me guidance on how to get a value on a 1955 (?) Plymouth Cranbrook. The vehicle was supposed to have been used in the movie " The Thomas Crown Affair" with Steve McQueen. It was the taxi. How can I get a value and is there a way to verify the vehicle was indeed used in the movie?

Looking for any guidance anyone can supply. I am trying to research this for an elderly friend of the family.

The Plymouth Cranbrook was only made from 1951 to 1953.

There are any number of price guides available, as well as online guides like NADA Classic Car Prices. You'll need detailed information (like the correct year, mileage, condition, equipment/options, etc.) to use them.

However none of them will help with a car where it's history is part of it's value. I'm not that familair with the movie, but if the car was featured prominently it may affect the value (slightly, this is still a fairly common car). You'd likely need a good professional appraisal to quantify that.

You can buy an Old Car Price Guide at any book store or magazine store that sells auto magazines. It is a magazine format, sold in the magazine section.

It gives values for cars from 1930 to the 1980s, broken down by year, model, condition, and body style.

Unless the car was a "star" the fact that it was in a movie would have little or no influence on the value.

In other words, the yellow coupe from American Graffiti or the Cadillac ambulance from Ghostbusters yes it has a high value. But an ordinary "prop" car, no.

In the Thomas Crown Affair, if you had that dune buggy with the Corvair engine you would have a real prize. But not the taxicab.

At a guess I would say such a car would be worth $2000 or $3000.