Headlight Upgrade?????

Roadster90

The below "upgrade" was mentioned in the for sale script of an Ebay car. Sounds interesting.....comments please?

Ebay # 220230918255

"95 Camaro halogen headlights have been mounted in grille. This solves the troublesome "pop up" headlight problems that all Reatta's are noted for. In addition these lights are much brighter than the original headlights."

I saw the car on eBay. I personally don't like the look. It makes the car appear to have four fog/driving lights.

The Camaro headlights in the grill seem to be about the same size as the fog/driving lights. If I were going to use the Camaro headlights I would mount them in the place where the fog/driving lights are now located and leave the grill intact.

Guest F14CRAZY

I don't agree with Reatta headlights being that much of a headache but the Camaro lights don't really look out of place.

Someday, when I have my own shop cranking out Reatta "GS's", the "GSX" will be the full blown one, with things like HID's

Guest Greg Ross

Halogen is Halogen!

I would suspect this guy couldn't be bothered to repair his Headlamp Cover Motors and came up with something creative-illegal headlights!

I believe there's something in many state and provincial motor vehicle regulations about the minimum height for headlights! And for good reason, I would imagine these would be annoying to drive with at the least.

Hey group....I must have missed something somewhere frown.gif . I didn't see the actual modified headlights. I thought that the person had found some sort of way to upgrade the original mounted headlight with the Camero assembly....guess I didn't look far-deep enough at the pics....sorry

Well, they don't look that bad, but I doubt they will function terribly well as headlights from that low. I still think the answer, if one was hell-bent on doing away with flip up lights, is going to involve the mini headlights fitted to certain Cutlass Supremes [and Geos, I think]. The are narrower than the Camaro units in the picture. The Olds headlight mounting bracket would have to modified from staggered depth to flush, our current flip up cover would have to be cut back so the lights remained uncovered, and the covers would have to be welded and smoothed into the hoodline.