Vacum tank sediment buld, DA.

Would anyone have a photo of the correct fuel sediment bulb for the vacum tank for the 1929 DA? I have four to choose from, each one a bit different from the next. One came from a Stewart Warner tank and the others from Kingston tanks, just want to make sure that I am putting the right one back on. Thanks for your help.

I do and will post a picture of that sediment bowl, it is as your parts book and other material will mention an A/C part, they are reproduced in Australia but as you prob. realize some of the parts on the export cars were different from American intended cars. The one being reproduced is not stamped A/C and does not have any # on it that referance with an A/C part # and the casting is different from my A/C bowl.Its funny that you bring this up because only this week I am working with a neighbor of mine to possibly reproduce this part as it is impossible to find. As far as I know and if you have other info that I am unaware of than please share it but regardless of wether you have a Kingston or Stewert tank they used the same bowls but I guess I have not researched explicitely what a Stewert tank should have as I have a Kingston tank on mine. Let me know your ideas on this.

Hope this helps, if not than I can take as many pictures as needed. Let me know if you are at all interested in a newly cast sediment bowl and also any info you have on wether a Kingston versus a stewert tank might use a different bowl other than the A/C that I have listed in my books. This is absalutely the correct bowl as I have found two of them on DA cars, one came from an extremely original car that was hidden in the rafters of a barn during the scrap wars and the other was taken from another somewhat original DA that was being rodded here locally.

post-48869-143137980705_thumb.jpg

Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for. I have two of these (one with a different glass, most likely replacement), the third a bit differnt in that the bail sits into notches on the top, rather than into the casting. The last is definitly from the Stewart tank, there is a place that sells Packard parts that sells a real nice reproduction of this one, http://byyork.com/tools.html I picked one up for my Packard and it is great. It seems these always get taken off and lost for some reason.

There was a place in Michigan that did work on vacum tanks, they did some work for me about 15 or 20 years ago, great work, I think they were in Essexville and the name was Hotchkiss, I think they are still around. They knew everything about vacum tanks.

The master parts list only lists two numbers for "gasoline filter assembly" one for 1928-1929 2252-Senior Six (#200736), and for the 1929-1930 DB (Senior Six) and 1929-30 DA (#44833). For some reason the bowl for the export DB and DA have a seperate glass bowl listed #396769. The MPL also lists the American DA as having the Kingston tank (#44835) and the American Senior Six (2252, DB) would have another Kingston tank (#203262), while the export would have either the Stewart (#311676) or the Kingston (#300939).

Thanks for the picture, that is what I had needed, John.

1930, I have a Kingston tank and the bowl was the same as the one you have shown but I couldn't use it because it was warped at the top. If you are certain that was the original that went with the Kingston then I would be interested in a re-made one.Could you let me know.

Thanks

Dan

I sure will do that, I have a neighbor that is teaching me his casting methods, we will attempt the top this weekend. I will keep you posted no problem...Jason.... And that is definately the correct top, was first brought to my attention as being what to look for from Harry Redding

Guest 1930

Well as it turns out my neighbor is not quite as adept in sand casting as he portrayed himself but it was a good experience none the less. I have attached here a picture of what we came up with and I am pretty happy with it as a first run. I need to research more myself and will continue attempting until I get it right. I think the largest problem that I am having is the moisture control. Anyway I did not even scrape off the flax on the edges and although this one was cast in Aluminum I may try the next in brass. It is amazing how clear all the lettering came out, every bit of the smallest details on the original are on this first pour.Will keep everyone posted on my progress. I am hoping to be able to help alot of people that are in need of smaller items on their cars that are unavailable.

post-48869-143137982224_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

Jason: How is your project coming to create a sediment bowl top for an AC sediment bowl assembly? As I was cleaning one that I recently acquired, the top threaded section fractured while trying to remove the attached fitting. In other words, I will be needing a replacement top. BTW, my glass bowl OD is 2-3/32". Thanks, HB

post-32547-143139167414_thumb.jpg

Jason: How is your project coming to create a sediment bowl top for an AC sediment bowl assembly? As I was cleaning one that I recently acquired, the top threaded section fractured while trying to remove the attached fitting. In other words, I will be needing a replacement top. BTW, my glass bowl OD is 2-3/32". Thanks, HB

[ATTACH=CONFIG]153330[/ATTACH]

Hello Howard, I became sidetracked onto something else and did no go much further with this but it is something I still am looking forward to playing around with in the future.