My PROM Program solution

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

Yesterday I had an appointment to see a guy named Scott Brown at a company named VanGordon&Brown Performance. When I arrived, Scott had a new 500 HP Corvette running wide open on the dyno. You would have to go to a car show to see more Corvettes and hot rods than are at this shop on any given day. I saw a beautiful 56 Chevy 2 dr hardtop which had late model Corvette driveline and suspension. Flawless! A prewar Ford "woodie" with Corvette driveline.These are <span style="font-style: italic">customer</span> cars!

I am convinced these guys know what is going on.

Scott hooked a computer to my 91 vert and we went for a test drive. After looking at the data, Scott asked me if the car had been smog checked lately. It had so his next question was can I provide the report?

When I left he advised that he would have to get "definitions" for the PROM software. I was to bring the smog reports for both my cars. The plan is to lower the temps for the cooling fans and increase the speed that the torque converter locks up. He advised me that he can look at the NOX numbers on the smog check and give me more spark advance (based on these numbers) without an excessive increase in emissions.

I will let you all know how this works out when the job is done.

Guest steveskyhawk

Got her all ready for the big race this weekend. Actually I thought a Reatta on a dyno was a rare sight! My PROMS are now reprogrammed.

Guest steveskyhawk

Well I think i finally figured out the picture sizing problem. That top on the vert was just installed yesterday. Mike from buickreattaparts.com promised me a nice top and he knows his stuff. The installer said it fit like a glove. I really like the fabric and the fit. It seems to be cut longer over the side windows unlike the vinyl top that came off.

Guest steveskyhawk

With the hot weather coming I wanted to insure the proper function of my cooling fans. So the temperature that they come on was lowered. The torque converter lock up speed was increased slightly. Timing was advanced for better throttle response. All functions were verified and multiple road tests were done with both cars to confirm driveability issues.

I drove the coupe to the shop and a friend followed me in the convertible. When passing a gas station a guy standing outdoors gave us a double take and may have dropped his Starbucks. How often do you see two identical Reatta go by?

Guest Greg Ross

Really unique Reatta Vert with RWD, at least that's what it looks like with the rear wheels sitting on the dyno rollers?

Guest steveskyhawk

I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice! That is why i thought the pictures were funny.

Guest Greg Ross

Thanks Steve, I thought you might be having us on. Did you run her on the Dyno by any chance. Before I got into my enhancement project I ran old Betsy Blue bone stock except for a bit of "Air Box" modification and Hi-flo Cat/ low restriction muffler 2-1/4" (stock dia) and she produced 138 hp at the wheels. (Factory rated HP was 150 in 1988)

Not bad considering the old girl had 210,000 miles on her at that point. And a very pretty sound coming off the exhaust with the Speedo reading 124 MPH. That was in Baton Rouge, La in about 2002 I guess.

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phil and I have already had this done. </div></div>

I should have known.

So, I guess that when you send a PROM to Ryan, the car is off of the road until you get it back? What was the turn-around time for you? cool.gif

Guest MauiWowee

Yo Steve..............

can you resize your pics so this thread isn't as wide as my room?

Let me know if I can help. cool.gif

Steve,

I'm really impressed with your new top . . . I ordered one from Mike recently sight unseen but with lots of positive feedback from other members that have bought one from him. Now that I've seen how nice your top looks, I'm really looking forward to mine being delivered!