1990 Reatta Coupe Maui Blue 80,000 miles-California Car

Guest Sunnie_Rose

Guest Sunnie_Rose

Hi There... Just got this car from my Dad and would like to place it for sale.

I will complete the form that was posted above regarding the questions you may want answered however I think the Photos are pretty good. Theres tons... all the way around, inside and outside.

Loads of photos at Blue Reatta

Thanks for Looking! Sunnie 661-245-9653

Guest campolojr

Yes, very as the car hasn't been in production for 17 years and only around 24,000 cars made through the three years. So if you do find a good used one your gonna pay around $800.00+ just for the glass let along shipping and insallation. Great car otherwise hope it sells.

Guest Sunnie_Rose

LOL! Yes.... Dad collects(ed) them! Thanks for the info sorry for the delayed reply... thought I was on "watch this thread"...

Cheers,

S.

Hey Sunnie, did your dad wrap his loving arm around your shoulder and say, "Sunnie, you're older now so I want to give you one of my prized, highly-cherished posessions ... one of my Reattas ... hope you're as proud to drive it as I have been" and then you said, "thanks, dad, I'll sell it immediately, love ya!"

Just having some fun ... John

Guest Sunnie_Rose

LOL.... I am much older now! smile.gif

He gave it to me because he though it would get better milage then what I am driving now... and it does, but really.... it's to nice, and to much a collectors item for me to put my 160 mile round trip commute miles on it... it would only decrease the value.

We discussed it, and he was fine with me selling it... he has a few others that he is keeping that he likes much more... (as noted above, "Reattaville"... Dad got a kick out of the comment!) Also discussed the windshield with him... says he has replaced two, has the lead and it was only 350.00. I don't wnat to deal with it, so if someone wants the car, he will share the lead with them.

And... yes... I do love driving it, it's like a little Cadillac...however since I have for almost 10 years driven a little SUV, I get a bit car sick!

I've done some checking around... still don't have a firm asking price.... any suggestions from you pro's?

Cheers,

Sunnie

Sunnie, John here ... I'm no expert but will offer my opinion, I repeat, opinion based on what I've observed over the past ten years. Honestly prices on these things are all over the map. Rugged ones seem to go for $1,500 to $3,000 and then better ones go up from there yet some nice ones go for cheap. Frankly folks tend to over-value them to an extent ... meaning saying one is worth $9,000 and getting it are two far different things.

I like your research approach ... follow a couple Reatta eBay auctions to conclusion as well as following the ones that frequently sell on this web site. Or....

... if you're eager to sell or at least test the market it wouldn't hurt to float a FREE craigslist.org ad at a high price and see if there are any bites. Your car seems to be in nice shape with reasonably low mileage so shoot high. Dealerships tend to do the $9,999.99 or $8,999.99 (you can go higher if you don't like the numbers I've tossed over the fence ... they just seem to be used most often) thing on many 1990s. Try it ... if you get too many anxious buyers, which I doubt, making you feel that the price is not high enough you can always turn buyers away (that's the beauty of Craigslist ... it is not a committment). If that price seems too steep you can come down to your comfort zone.

One key is patience, you're selling a specialty car that requires a wanting buyer.

That's one approach ... but again, just an opinion.

Good luck, John

Guest Sunnie_Rose

Exceptional advise. I did talk to Dad again and he told me what he thought I should ask.

Really I have something else to drive, don't need the cash, so I'm in no rush....once it sells, if it sells, I'll use the cash for a little grocery getter that gets better mileage for my commute, and not such a specialty car.

I'll try craigslist .. easy enough, and see what happens.

Cheers and Thanks!

Sunnie