2001 Founders Tour

novaman

The Founders Tour is going fine. We got to take two laps around the Watkins Glen race track today. Some of us hit a little rain shower on the way back to the hotel. <P>Howard is surviving okay even though we aren't feeding him KKs. One of the G.V.A.C.S. members owns a doughtnut shop. His doughnuts contain no cholestrol and KK's do. His takes 3 hours to make because they let them rise. KK's take 10 min. That is why that shrink when they cool off.<P>I have started a page on the Founders Tour on the Alamance Chapter's site. <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/alamance/founderstour2001.htm" TARGET=_blank>2001 Founders Tour updates .. Click here</A>

Your welcome. I felt that maybe some of my chapter's member might like to know what was going one as we have 5 members here. Also, since I was doing the page, figured what the heck. Might as well share it with my fellow DFer's wink.gif" border="0

Hi Novaman,<P>It was great to meet you on the founders tour. Your site with all the pictures are great. Great shots of the different events. Glad you captured Howard with his "Donut Prize" awarded at the banquet. The donut owner called the KK's - twinkees. So be it, at least you can eat a couple of KK's and not feel weighted down. Howard did share a few KK's with us in the parking lot. Thanks Howard..<P>Ccar - Chuck Car #40 cool.gif" border="0

You do realize you're making my job all that harder. I wish you'd stop raising the bar! Now everyone is going to expect us to post daily pictures during the 2002 Founders Tour! smile.gif" border="0 <P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region<BR>Beam/Web Editor<BR>(and Publicity Chair for the 2002 Founders Tour)<BR>Certified Masochist wink.gif" border="0

There should be more photos in a few days. I dropped off 4 rolls of film this morning and I need to drop of another I missed. I'm figuring I took about 460 photos between the three cameras I was carrying. (That does include some pictures on the trip up and back). Everyday I got freshly recharged batteries from my charger for my digital camera. And had to buy batteries for the one 35mm I had. <P>I had done the page mainly for the Alamance Chapter as we had 5 members, 3 cars there. I figured I'd let ya'll know about it. <P>As for doing it for the 2002 Tour. One suggestion. PLAN SHORTER DAYS!! frown.gif" border="0!!! Heck, it was after 12:30am most times that I got to bed and was back up at 6 and on the road by 7. <P><BR>As for Howard and his KKs. Ccar, when was the last time it ever took <B>10 people</B>to eat a KK? <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/alamance/Founders%20Tour/DCP_0382a.jpg" TARGET=_blank>See Howard's doughnut</A>Considering that, I think Bob Malley (the doughnut store owner) has a right to call them a "twinkee".

Oh by the way, by the time I got home I needed that hard luck award. As most of you all know, I had the sidewall blow out of my front tire on my Chevy II Nova coming back from Brockport. blush.gif" border="0 Well, Sat. I had a belt come apart in my trailer tire. Got more pit stop practice. Then Sunday, in VA. I had another trailer tire break a belt!!! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0 <P>Anyone need some tires changed? By now I should be really good at it. blush.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

David, Great coverage. It sounds like you should get the hard luck award. See you at Hershey. SalG

Janet, Let's see how long it takes you to resize, and crop 230 photos(avg 38 a day on my digital camera) on a slow laptop. wink.gif" border="0<BR>I'm waiting on the rest which are 35mm to come back. If I left the photos untouched the pages you wouldn't want to wait for the page to load. Each photo averages (untouched) between 465KB (2min laod time @ 56k) to 784KB (3.5 min load time @ 56k) times the number of photos on the page. I think there is usally about six so, that's 12 to 21 minutes per page just for photos. No text. No other graphics.<P>As for the other time it was eat supper, go for parts, fix Dad's car. Fix Dad's car. go for parts, fix Dad's car. Fix my car. Fix Dad's car go to a spare tire for mine. From the time he mailed his application in, his car has gotten a new engine, new transmission, the carb has been rebuilt and fixed twice. The car ran like a charm going back home. My parent's haven't gotten the bill yet for the on the road repairs yet. wink.gif" border="0<P>That was my first national any kind of tour. Enjoyed it. Enjoyed doing the page even if I'm complaining. I'm ready for another one. Don't know which one it'll be yet. Hopefully I won't have to be working on TWO cars during the tour.

Novaman ~ Your next tour can be the Southeastern Divisional Tour on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Alabama. The longest driving distance is 70 miles, it is definitely "old car" friendly and we natives can hardly wait to show you what true Southern hospitality is! You got the info in your Founders Tour package and if you don't have your activity request card, write to National asking for the info, give them your name, address, membership number and include a $5 check payable to AACA. You will get everything you need around the first of September.<BR>Patt rolleyes.gif" border="0