Wheel Puller

Guest Terry_Cuddeford

Guest Terry_Cuddeford

I have a 1929 Dodge Standard Six and I am looking for a wheel puller to remove the rear wheels. Any idea where I can find one?

Terry Cuddeford

Guest Aussie John

Terry

Probably as scarce as rocking horse dung.. I had same trouble for my 23 so took a wheel cap to local machine shop and got him to make one to match the thread and had one made up can send a photo of one if you send me your email (youngja@iinet.net.au)

cheers

Guest imouttahere

What often works, Terry, and doesn't require a wheel puller, is to remove the axle nut holding the rear wheel on, and then move the car backward and forward a few times. Often the wheel will loosen up on the axle after you do that, and you can then pull it off by hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBBilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What often works, Terry, and doesn't require a wheel puller, is to remove the axle nut holding the rear wheel on, and then move the car backward and forward a few times. Often the wheel will loosen up on the axle after you do that, and you can then pull it off by hand.</div></div>

I'd just loosen the nut like Dave said rather then remove it completely. I'd hate to see the wheel fall off!

Guest Terry_Cuddeford

Thanks to all for their input. I will try some of the various suggestions. My car is not running at the present time. I will roll it around to try and loosen the hub.

Terry

• 2 months later...