BOV links?

Guest Jeffn

Anyone have a good link to a page for modifying the blow off valve? I saw one but it was a fairly basic description...thanks for not blowing this off.

its easy, links you might not find for this car. The car has one in the air box im pretty sure. if thats the case, the hose that is connected to it is your vacuum source. you can take that BOV out of the box and it would be louder or you can elminate it by unhooking it from that line. Then you have to install a piece of 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 in diameter tubing aluminum or steel with a desired BOV mounted to it in the system, usually close to the trottle body opening, you can purchase all the parts on ebay. Then you hook that original vacuum source to the new BOV and you are pretty much done

Thanks again, can I just move my original one or does it need bolstering up or replacing? And how much of a difference does it actually make? My only real complaint now is spool up time is about 2-3 seconds (down form 5-7 before and 6-9 when stock).

there are a lot of bov kits out there, average aftermarket is about 140$ and the pipe with flange about 50$. i dont know how much Rick's kit is. a Gen 1 Eagle talon or Mistubishi eclipse BOV , a metal one, would be a good choice and they are very cheap and the pipe is usually already coming with the bov mounted. you can usually get one of those for about 60$. i have a greddy Type s on my one car, its not very loud and i havea turbo xs RFL thats very loud, i had both on the same car and changed it to the greddy because i was tired of hearing a loud sneeeze all the time while shifting or anytime i let my foot off the gas. there is a site on the web that lets you hear sound clips of the most common ones so you can have an idea what it might sound like when you buy it. its not hard to find on there, i dont know the link off the top of my head

Yep, the 1st gen Talon BOV is a great valve and will hold tons of boost with a simple venting mod, but you have to reengineer part of your intercooler piping to run one. And weld. And Fabricate a plate, And...

If you use the Audi/VW/Porsche valve, it will fit in nearly the stock location (outside the airbox instead of inside) and run the stock hose. You need only enlarge the hole that leads into the airbox so the slightly larger valve ports will install there.

Check the pics, self explanitory.

BTW Jeff, if you want to "test" your BOV, just block off the inlet and see if your car runs better or the turbo spools quicker. It's not gonna hurt anything to run without it on the stock turbo.

post-33234-143137969231_thumb.jpg

post-33234-14313796924_thumb.jpg

post-33234-143137969248_thumb.jpg

post-33234-143137969256_thumb.jpg

Pretty white fluffy stuff??!? Apparently you've never spent an hour running a snowblower in single digit temps just to have the county plow fill your driveway so you can have more 'fun' removing the 'pretty white fluffy stuff'!! mad.gif

LOL We have set a new record for snowfall in West Michigan for the month and for the season...This month alone we have gotten 35" and the season total ...so far is almost 90 inches...cmon' up and grab ALL THE SNOW YOU WANT...lol laugh.gif