FS - 1956 Special 4 door sedan

Guest imported_Thriller

Guest imported_Thriller

Let's try this again. The Model 41 is for sale...has been almost since I've owned it.

This car is most definitely a project. It has rust issues, some interior issues, and mechanical issues. A few years back, when I bought it, I replaced the fuel pump - then I could get it to fire and run, but it would rev high for 30-60 seconds and die. I suspect a carburetor issue, but haven't gotten to it. This past year, it came home. At that point, I could no longer get it to crank on it's own. I can jump across bypassing the various switches and the starter motor will engage...I started looking at the electrical, but didn't get very far before it got too cold to be fumbling around with this stuff in the garage.

The radio is out of the car - was apparently rebuilt with new tubes before I purchased it. I have a few parts for it, including a good NORS windshield, which it needs. I also have a repair manual that would go with the car...as for anything else, I'd need to do some sorting in the basement to verify what is for this car. As I have no other '56s, any '56 pieces I do have go with the car.

I could part it out and sell for a lot more than the complete car, but don't have the patience / time for that. It's much easier to get rid of it in one fell swoop. Reason for selling is too many projects and not enough storage.

As we are sort of snowed in, I can easily hang on to it until the spring.

Here's some photos.

20070714_56home7.jpg

Special1.jpg

Special_dash.jpg

Special_engine.jpg

Special_interior.jpg

Special_rear_seat.jpg

Special_rearsmaller.jpg

I know it's a bit high based on price guides and such, but I'd like to get $1000 for this car.

Guest imported_Thriller

Well, there's that distance thing and the relative size of the project...and the fact that deal involves 2 cars, which is going to make parking an even bigger problem.

• 2 years later...
Guest huenglo

Do you still have the car?? I inheritd one from my gfather that both gfathers and my father all owned it but my dad went crazy and burned it to the ground. Anyway Im interested if its still available.

Guest MV10
Do you still have the car?? I inheritd one from my gfather that both gfathers and my father all owned it but my dad went crazy and burned it to the ground. Anyway Im interested if its still available.

Well there's a story you don't hear every day!

Guest huenglo

yeah he is paranoid schizo and is now in prison for life for murdering his estranged wife's boyfried. anyway I live in bristol TN and would ship it here if he still has it. papaws car was the exact same car (color and all) and was totally restored. we won best of show 3 times with it so O hung on to the burt car for 13 years gonna "fix' IT!! BUT i FINALLY HAULED IT TO THE CRUSHER but I kept all the chrome cause it didnt melt, and the 322 nailhead. Id love to get ahold of this carfor sentimental reasons. Hauling miles is 1456 miles but there are companies that do that. I hope he still has the car!!! I hope he still visits the forum!!!

Edited by huenglo
more details (see edit history)

Guest huenglo

thanks for the help. It's gonna be a pain getting it here but I guarantee I'll be driving it down the road for a test drive in a day or two. Thanx again

Sorry for the delay...I was away for the weekend to a car show. I'm afraid that is a guarantee that is unlikely to come through as the car doesn't exactly run. When I first got it, I was able to get it to fire and run at high revs briefly before it would die - this was after replacing the fuel pump. I presumed it to have a carb problem and went looking for a kit, which I eventually found, but never installed. After sitting in storage a few years, it won't even crank now. I started to try to trace the electrical, but didn't get very far before rearranging the cars and I've kept busy with other stuff.

I know I could get more for this car from parts, but that involves extra labour on my part and I'm not finding the time to do that, so if someone wants it, I'm still looking for a good home for it.

For shipping, you need to keep in mind that many haulers aren't interested in cars that don't move under their own power. Also, it would have to cross the border, so the paperwork has to be in order.

Guest huenglo

Like I said its a sentimental thing to me and I'm interested. Ive been checking into transporters. I need your ZIPCODE. its about 1456 miles so its gonna cost me but its the same color and everything (even the weird speedo). I've got a 322 nailhead outof th one that burnt that's ok. Ive looked for local crs but the salt in winters makes them have no floorboards. Any idea where to find out what paperwork is required? Hope to hear from you again

I know what is involved to get cars from the US into Canada...not sure about the other way around. You may want to contact US Customs.

As for location, the car is just outside Sperling, MB. The postal code there is R0G 2M0. If you are looking at transporters that move across the border, they should also be able to help with any necessary importation paperwork.

The trunk emblem and mustache bar are gone from the car as well. I had pretty much decided to part out the car after a restorer found the car online and asked for them.

Guest huenglo

that's ok I have those left from my old car. I am contacting companies and trying to find the best deal. Let you know something soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest huenglo

I won't know if its gonna be possible for me to swing the shipping till the 28th so its a waiting game for me right now. Ill let u know as soon as I know and we can work out the details

• 1 year later...
Guest Rainwater

You mentioned in your first post that you had some extra parts one of which was a windshield. Do you still have the extra windshield and would you be willing to sell it?