Where is my chassis number?

slumlord

Many years ago as I was painting the chassis of my '23 Graham fire engine I wrote all details in a note book including the chassis number, guess what? I lost the note book!!! Now I need the chassis number to register the truck to get it on the road. Where would I look to find the number again? Thanks in advance, Brian.

post-55477-143137967283_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mike, I've since moved most of that stuff away from the truck so I'll get better photos of it. Has anyone else seen an old truck of this vintage? I'm wondering if it's kind of a rare beast or not as I don't find many parts anywhere. I had to put a 1924 scuttle and radiator etc. on it as the '23 parts were rotten, could even be a '22 because cars came by ship to New Zealand and were registered a year later. Just gotta find that chassis number.

Ahh no i haven't looked there yet, thought I'd find out before I peel all the paint off. I'll go out and have a scratch around and see if I can find it. So that'll be RHS facing forward? and on the RHS rail? Asking because steering is on the RHS. Brian.