New Car Window Glass Price Sticker or "Monroney" Sticker

Roadster90

New Car Original Window Glass Price Sticker or correct terminology...."Monroney Sticker" or Label.

Several years ago (4 to 5 maybe) there was a post/s concerning professionally made duplicates of this sticker for collector/special interest automobiles that were available from a printing vendor or other source for a fee. If memory serves correctly it was not cheap...Maybe $50.00 up, and I also believe there was an order number stipulation of 10 to 12 that had to ordered. I was game and so were a few more folks from the forum, but it never materialized for some reason...most likely the order number stipulation was not reached. Does anyone know of this or any other source where these documents could be obtained please?

FYI...Monroney Sticker definition/history from Wikipedia:

"In the United States, all new automobiles are required to include an official form listing certain information about the car; this window sticker is commonly called a Monroney sticker in the industry (or simply a window sticker), named after Almer Stillwell "Mike" Monroney, the Oklahoma senator who sponsored the Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958.

The sticker is required to be affixed to the side window or windshield of every new car sold in the United States."

Nic, Last spring I obtained a window sticker from triple A enterprises, P.O box 8463 Bloomington In 47408. Their Website is window-sticker.com They made me one encased in plastic that I use at car shows and I have one in paper that I keep in my paperwork file for the car. They look great. Frank

EXACTLY what I was looking for Frank ..... I mean EXACTLY smile.gif. The Name of the site sounded the same, and darn - when I went to the site it is the same outfit....they specialized in Corvette. Price is only $35.00 (I was wrong on that aspect).

Thanks a lot ! smile.gif

Nic

Actually, I may not have been wrong on the price...If two copies are ordered with one being laminated, and then shipping added - it is $50.00. Most folks would want two as listed below.....

There is no min. order required now....

1st copy 35.00

2nd copy 10.00

1 lamination 3.00

shipping 2.00

total 50.00

Wow Tom, Kool... smile.gif.

What a group!!! That group of folks are almost as great as we are smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif.

I don't know how to comment on your question though...sorry.

They did however mention the same site as oleBuickman did above....since they offer an exact copy(and from previous and other talk the copies are Perfect), I think that is what I am going to do...appreciate the reply smile.gif.

One another note...I have actually spoken to Jay Asenoff (on the Allante thread) on the phone on several occasions concerning a wind screen for the Reatta Roadster...He is the Expert on manufacturing a nice and professional home version of a workable wind screen for tha Allante...I have not continued my R & D for the Reatta since I last spoke to him...we decided the Reatta did not have an area to mount support bracketry for a screen without damaging carpeting or other items such as leatherette paneling....I am still going to work on a seat mountable (better that what is on the net) wind screen one day as I still have a lot of supplies...just no time. Some of the roadsters out there with working screens are a joy to drive with the top dropped ... even in very cold mid winter....