Preassembled Glass Sets?

Guest Tom Pawlik

Guest Tom Pawlik

I am restoring a 62 Olds Starfire convertible. My Hollander interchange manual says that the windshield, door and quarter glass is a match to a 1961-1964 Impala convertible. There is a company that sells ready to install frames and glass that tells me the Impala glass is close but not a perfect fit. Does anyone know if the Impala glass is a match?

Agreed. Full-size Chevy, Pontiac, Buick and Olds are all the GM B-body, and use more common parts than you'd think. That's the Impala vendor's way of disclaiming responsibility. I hear the same thing about repro Impala fuel tanks interchanging with Olds/Buick.

The termite in the woodpile on side glass/frames is the 64 Starfire, Jetstar I and GP. Olds parts book indicates the 1964 29-34-3657 body style has its own specific frames for front door and quarter glasses that don't interchange with earlier years. Quarter glass I can understand, but the door glass looks a whole lot like the others to me.

Guest Tom Pawlik

Thanks gentlemen. I was pretty sure I was right, but appreciate your confirmation. I have been buying various small Impala parts from Classic Industries. They are a dead match and their prices are good. They have the door glass in frames but not the quarters or vents.

Thanks again.