Classic car videos on YouTube

1935Packard

There are lots of great classic car videos on YouTube, but I have been particularly impressed with the segments by "Original Wheels TV," an Illinois local cable access program. There are 80 segments altogether, and each one features a different car owned by a private owner. The interviewer first gets the owner to talk about the car, its history and features, and how he came to own it. Then they go for a ride, and the viewer gets to see the car on the road. During the ride, the interviewer asks more questions, like what advice the owner would give to other people looking to buy a similar car. Each segment is about 6 or 7 minutes long.

A few particularly interesting ones (at least to me -- taste will vary of course, and there are a wide range of cars covered):

1954 Kaiser Darrin

1933 LaSalle

1934 Ford Woody

1936 Chrysler Airflow

It's really well done; very engaging to watch, complete with its own routines (everytime they break to go for a ride, the guy says, "let's go for a ride in a [car year and model] -- let's go for a ride!") It really should be a cable TV show available more broadly. Worth checking out. (Oh, and sorry if someone else pointe this out already -- I looked in the archives, but couldn't find anything.)

• 4 months later...