Pictures of '29 DB fuel truck

wenthur

Here's some pictures of the fuel truck I just bought and a picture of a customized gas cap that I made to give more leverage when opening the tank for my '24 Dodge Touring.I took a hub cap and cut off all except what would fit over square part of original gas cap, some construction adhessive and finger finished Use water on finger while smoothing adhesive, Made a cool cap with better grip.

Any suggestions on what to do to the fuel truck would be appreciated. I just couldn't see this truck go to the junk yard for the steal prices.

th_P1010019.jpg

th_P1010017.jpg

th_P1010016.jpg

th_P1010015.jpg

Dave that other truck is a "24 Chevy with sliding doors, good to go to Home Depot for a 2x4 occasionally, Also have a "36 Mercedes Cab B. The Mercedes will probab;y be my last project since parts are so rare, I did a Helms Bakery truck, I showed once and some guy from L.A. had to have it. Did a DKW last year and only got to drive it 20 miles, and a guy needed it for his Dads 85th Birthday. He had been a DKW dealer in the 50's.Oh well! I have a yard of strange vehicles that the farmers will sell to me as I am local. But would never part with them from someone out of town.

we have decided to leave truck as intended, put old style signs on it snd use it to supply diesel for my manlifts amd keep 1 tank for gas and 1 tank for water.but you could not buy advertisement like this any where, and in s small town it will really be noticed. I put 10 tool trucks on the road and 2 manlifts plus a tractor. all with Co.signs. and get more calls than I would in the yellow pages.Any one have an old DB crane?The name of the Co. is This Old House Needs Fixin' and zI work on 100+yr. old houses and buildings. Might as well use right Equipt

We park the '24 touring in front of s tenants bridal shop and her business has increased. Some couples want to rent it for their weddings. But libility would be too high.