Chrysler Imperial Airflow / CCCA

Guest BJM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has the 1934 to 1937 Chrysler Imperial long wheelbase Airflow <span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span> been considered <span style="font-weight: bold">and</span> rejected for CCCA inclusion?

Has the 1934 to 1937 Chrysler Imperial long wheelbase Airflow <span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span> been considered <span style="font-weight: bold">or</span> rejected for CCCA inclusion?

</div></div>

I think yes is the answer to both of your above questions.

However, maybe you are asking this question?

Is the 1934 to 1937 Chrysler Imperial long wheelbase Airflow an approved CCCA Classic?

What do you call long wheelbase? Which model, which car?

CW is the longest wheelbase Airflow recognized Classic

CX, C-3, C-11, C-15 are also recognized Classics

dep5,

Thanks. Last time I checked, I thought I did not see any Airflows listed as CCCA Full Classics BUT perhaps it was because of the lettering/numbering system, which gets a little confusing.

I am looking at a 1934 CV Imperial Airflow for sale, 4 door, 128 inch wheelbase. The "normal" Chrysler Airflow was more like 122 inches, a non Imperial label, and produced in much higher numbers.

I may be incorrect, I don't have the reference material handy, but believe that the Custom Imperial Airflow (not simply the Imperial) was a bona fide Classic; this would be the model that included the in-house custom made for Major Bowes. I also believe this was the model with the one-piece curved front windshield, first use of curved windshield in a production car, if you can call the Custom Imperial a production car! Can anyone verify that this model is a Classic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Owen_Dyneto</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> . . the model that included the in-house custom made for Major Bowes. I also believe this was the model with the one-piece curved front windshield, first use of curved windshield in a production car, if you can call the Custom Imperial a production car! Can anyone verify that this model is a Classic? </div></div>

The 1934-37 model CW Airflow IS a Classic