battery?

backydmech

Been looking back through old topics cannot find something I remember seeing just a short time ago.. What type/brand and number battery fits 40 Continental. bought one in a hurry off the shelf farm/truck type but it does not seem to have power to last very long or have much punch.

I used an optima 6 volt and got a battery case that is made to fit the optima inside with a original looking tar top that once in place no one has been able to tell the difference, only problem is it doesnt have the Lincoln script on the side, I have had the battery in the car for at least 6 years and gone to a number of Lincoln shows and no one has ever pointed out its a optima battery. I had to order the battery case from Packards International San Diego.

Try to find my response to topic: "Slow cranking, 41 Continental V-12" Post #433117 - 07/03/07 11:20 AM. in which I state:

"I hope you got new **SIX** volt cables and not twelve volt cables. Those puny little 12 volt cables just can't carry the current required to spin that V-12 starter. 6 volt cables are about as thick as your thumb and may not be generally available at your local auto parts store. You'll also need the woven ground cable, not a wire one. A heavy duty battery helps too. See the attached photo. Sorry I don't have a good photo of the 'hot' battery cable. The green thumbscrew is a battery disconnect. Not a bad idea for storing the car. The disconnect should be on the GROUND (positive) side of the battery and I have relocated it since taking this picture."

If you can. please post a photo or two of your car.

post-32768-143137957044_thumb.jpg