buicks at turkey rod run daytona beach florida

Guest imported_Buick Regal GS

Guest Dans 77 Limited

My father in law lives in Port Orange and called my wife the other day . He told her about some of the Buicks there and how nice it was . Its the first time hes shown any kind of interest at all in my wifes car or any of mine. Lookin forward to seeing what he described.

Dan

Guest Skyking

I have a place now in Port Orange and lived in Daytona in the late ninties, but unfortunately I missed this year at the Rod Run. This is one of my favorite shows. There is always a huge display of nice cars from the southeast.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Skyking, if you live in Port Orange youve probably heard of my father in law. Hes on Port Orange city council... his first name is George and he has a long german last name. For years he tried to get us to move down there, promising jobs etc, until I said okay lets do it , then all the sudden the jobs dried up. Its a nice area and I would really like to go... her whole family is in the area, but unless I can get a decent job offer... Ill just remain a visitor. Looking forward to seeing the pics that were taken.

Dan

Guest Skyking

Sorry Dan, I don't know your father-in-law. The place I have now is rented 'till I move there in a few years. It's off Nova road in Commonwealth Estates. Very nice area near all of Daytona's excitement, only about 6 or 7 miles from the track and about 2 miles from the beach.

I was lucky to see the "single wide" in 2006 & 2007 at the Silver Springs G M show. I don't have all the details at hand, but it was built by one of David Buick's main associates & is owned by the builder's relatives. Will try to find the correct info in my files somewhere. It is a great little car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Old Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe it is a "Marr Car " built by Walter Marr who was one of the early engineers at Buick </div></div>

Sounds right to me. Will try to attach pic from Silver Spgs 2006.

Guest imported_Thriller

If I recall correctly from nearly 5 years ago at the Centennial, wasn't it called the Marr Cycle Car, owing to it's one person width?

Ah...I was able to make out the sign on my original unedited photo and it said Cycle Car...not sure if that was Sloan or GM Heritage or who that had those signs there.

post-33068-143137956994_thumb.jpg

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Skyking,

Stay there long enough and you will hear his name ... even if you dont recognize it. Hes a politician..... he loves getting his name on TV and in the paper. Nova road .... know it well. Wish I knew it better. looks like the Turkey run was pretty cool. One of these years we are going to try to go to my sister in laws for thanksgiving (S. Daytona) and I may just try to bring one of my Buicks for the turkey run. Have to wait and see.

Dan

Guest GRANNYS 70 SKYLARK
Skyking,

Stay there long enough and you will hear his name ... even if you dont recognize it. Hes a politician..... he loves getting his name on TV and in the paper. Nova road .... know it well. Wish I knew it better. looks like the Turkey run was pretty cool. One of these years we are going to try to go to my sister in laws for thanksgiving (S. Daytona) and I may just try to bring one of my Buicks for the turkey run. Have to wait and see.

I lived in Port Orange for almost 2 years and went to 2 Turkey Runs and one Spring show, not to mention the Canal St. cruises in New Smyrna Beach. Great place to own Buicks, wonderful place to visit and vacation.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Im pretty sure the white Skylark convertible wearing the Chevy rally wheels is a local Pittsburgh car, in fact I have a dash plaque from a local cruise featuring what would appear to be this car. It may no longer be as it was for sale most of this summer. It does seem kinda coincidental that 2 cars this close in appearence would be wearing the same chevy rallys. Add into that the fact that the sun is shining brightly, the top is up on this car, and the local car has a bad top motor so its top would be up too. Funny to see a local car so far from home.

Dan

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRANNYS 70 SKYLARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I lived in Port Orange for almost 2 years and went to 2 Turkey Runs and one Spring show, not to mention the Canal St. cruises in New Smyrna Beach. Great place to own Buicks, wonderful place to visit and vacation. </div></div>

Here's me in my '62 Invicta at one of the Spring Shows. It must have been a cool day, the tops up! BTW, the canal street cruise was one of the nicest cruises. They drew in more cars than Old Town.

IMG_0314.jpg