1932 - 902 Club Sedan

Guest box

Question - today I have installed the dash panel without the gauges prior to installing the steering column. The body is in place on the frame - can the steering column be installed as an assembly with the steering wheel on the column?? Is there a trick to get the steering box into the inside of the car pass the clutch and brake pedal??

I was just hoping I could install all the little gears and switch mechanisms on the bench rather than installing them when it was in the car. Would have been much easier.

What do you do if you can't get the steering wheel off?

I say that because I never did get mine off the column. cry.gif So mine will have to be reinstall like Box wants to do it. May have to jack body up somewhat in order for steering box to clear the crankcase and to get it under firewall. I took it out by myself but will have someone here when it is time to reinstall it. Don't want to scratch up fresh paint job. wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you do if you can't get the steering wheel off?

I say that because I never did get mine off the column. cry.gif So mine will have to be reinstall like Box wants to do it. May have to jack body up somewhat in order for steering box to clear the crankcase and to get it under firewall. I took it out by myself but will have someone here when it is time to reinstall it. Don't want to scratch up fresh paint job. wink.gif </div></div>

Ok Tom, I have a possible solution. I have an extra 32 steering wheel in very good shape. I believe 32 and 31 were the same. You can beat the old wheel off and buy my extra one as a replacement.

However have you tried soaking the wheel hub in penetrating oil, wd40 for a week and then try to remove it by yanking each side in a back and forth motion?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HI Ken,

Yes tried it all. Wd40, PB Blaster some heat still no avail.

What do you want for your spare wheel? That is if I decided to beat mine up smile.gif </div></div>

I paid a $100 for it so I'd like to get at least that smile.gif