Around the World Buick

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cfBuick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mark, I have never seen a Buick truck before. </div></div>

You may want to check out this thread too.

Buick Trucks

I guess you havn't been to a BCA National Meet in the last two years. Otherwise, you would have seen this modified 24 Buick Master Six "truck". I added three more photos. Two are at the Buick Oldsmobile Pontiac Picnic (BOPP), And one is from the BCA PWD AfterTour.

According to a southern gentlemen I met at the Seattle Meet, it is called a "cut down". It was originally a touring car, but when the family car was no longer presentable to take to church on Sundays, farmers would cut down the back end and convert the car to a truck to earn it's keep on the farm.

It is a fun rig to drive & has lots of power for hills and cruises nicely at about 50 mph. I will be changing the wood to Oak this winter and would like to add seats in the back with a woody depot hack type cover on it. Maybe I can eventually use it to sell stuff at swap meets...

post-41092-143137953976_thumb.jpg

post-41092-143137953982_thumb.jpg

post-41092-143137953987_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mark: Great post of the original 1925 Buick which was driven around the world in 1925. What a great story. Have been in Australia and New Zealand for three weeks and have not been checking the web site. The most interesting part of this story is that Buick does not know what happened to the original car and did not have the serial number until it was located in Australia during my search for it. It was found by a BCA member in Australia after meeting him at the Flint 100th celebration. It is also listed in the article posted and that article and another was furnished to me to substantiate the number. Buick thinks the car may have been sold during the Great Depression as a used car. It is one of the most historic Buicks made and would be a world class find. I searched worldwide for the car and could only find one 1925 25X and purchased it. After reinacting the return of the 1925 Buick along the Lincoln Highway and trip to Flint (in 2003) Buick purchased this car from me and it is now in the Heritage Collection and was exhibited at the Rochester National. Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick W. Brooks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello Mark: Great post of the original 1925 Buick which was driven around the world in 1925. What a great story. Have been in Australia and New Zealand for three weeks and have not been checking the web site. The most interesting part of this story is that Buick does not know what happened to the original car and did not have the serial number until it was located in Australia during my search for it. It was found by a BCA member in Australia after meeting him at the Flint 100th celebration. It is also listed in the article posted and that article and another was furnished to me to substantiate the number. Buick thinks the car may have been sold during the Great Depression as a used car. It is one of the most historic Buicks made and would be a world class find. I searched worldwide for the car and could only find one 1925 25X and purchased it. After reinacting the return of the 1925 Buick along the Lincoln Highway and trip to Flint (in 2003) Buick purchased this car from me and it is now in the Heritage Collection and was exhibited at the Rochester National. Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks </div></div>

Pat,

You've been in Australia and New Zealand for the past 3 weeks AND DIDN'T DROP IN TO SAY G'DAY!!!!!!!

Okay, what's the excuse, probably like everyone else you didn't worry about coming to Perth, just because it's the remotest capital city in the world and the furtherest place on the globe from you.

Oh well, you missed out on seeing a lot of nice Buicks by not visiting.

Regards