We're Back!

manikmekanik

NOT a flash in the pan!

We're here for the long haul!

Our computer got WORMS, and had us out-of-commission for a couple months, finally got it back up-n-runnin'!

In the menatime, I took a "straight job", (at Panikmekanik's request), working on a road crew, 14+ hours a day.

Boy, are my feet sore!

Now, for an update!

Sold the C4 Vette, the Pacer, the SX/4, and Nanomekanik's Lumina, (Louie). Took the farm OFF the market, lost the other 3 houses, still looking for a refi for the farm. Added gravel driveways, in front of the dairy barn, and between the shop & barn, re-graded the hill behind the shop. Nanomekanik bought the '92 Skylark GS from me, and I got an '88 Silver Anniversary Riviera T-Type at auction last week. Glad I have Reatta & 3800 parts & cars available, saved me over $175, replacing the MAT & MAF, air cleaner box, and vacuum manifold.

I had a great time at the Heartland Midwest Regional Meet in Milwaukee, hosted by BCA Cream City chapter, with OldBuickMan, The Madsens, & others, and went for the cruise to "Georgie Porgy's". Little did we know there were nearly 100 cars already there for thier weekly show, when we showed up with 50+ Buicks, from the show. The place was hoppin' with live music, and every american car imagineable.

I'll post some pix, later of these events. A non-judged event, the Heartland show was fun, no pressure of judging, nor being judged, just a relaxed atmosphere for all.

We held a HUGE bonfire, with fireworks for Nanomekanik's 21st birthday, and have re-built the bonfire for another attempt at a "Reatta Retreat", date to be announced soon.

We'll try to get it together this month, watch for the announcement/invitation for this year's second retreat.

Took Black Beauty for a trip to Winter, WI a couple weeks ago, and caught the very beginning of the fall color change, as well the 1st frost for 2007. The first time Beauty has ever been "Frosty". Nearly collided with a DEER while up there, it came in from the left, Panikmekanik began to flop and squeal like a dolphin, as she slid under the dash with her seat belt on, I slowed to 60, or so, and beared toward the right. All the sudden the deer seemed to look at the front bumper, (possibly noticing the HORNS), and pulled a U-Turn, at full gallop, right at the center line, returning from whence it came. I never had to leave the pavement, and continued our journey to find cell phone service. Turns out we were over 1.5 hours away from Nextel service the whole weekend. Not suprising, as we were only an hour or so from Lake Superior, and Canada. We had to drive thru multiple national and state forests, and a couple Indian reservations to get there. Next time we'll do some Muskie fishin', instead of deer huntin'!!

Went to the DMV & got my CDL, to augment my employment, and keep workin' thru the winter. I got a day off due to rain, but I'll be in Pewaukee next week, and no tellin' where for the next job, my employer works all over Wisconsin.

I'll be in the shop all weekend, preparing to be on the road for a while, gotta finally get the headers/exhaust on the K-Truck, and get a windshield removed for 63Viking, he's been waitin' patiently for, then snatch an exterior door handle for another member. If you need a Reatta part, drop me a line, and I'll try to get to it while I'm home, in the shop, this weekend.

Glad to be back, I've missed my friends here, at AACA.

I noticed a '91 drop-top FS on the buy/sell forum for $17k!!

...and I'm quite suprised it's still there!

But, Panikmekaniks back to the old rule, "One-in, one-out" so, I can't buy it, since I just got the Riv T-Type, DRAT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manikmekanik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sold...the Pacer...Took the farm OFF the market, lost the other 3 houses, still looking for a refi for the farm. </div></div>

What? You had an AMC Pacer!? I love those things! What do you mean by "lost"? I hope its nothing bad!

Hey Randy, Glad to see ya postin again. I have wondered how you have been doing. Looks like you have had challenges, hope you can see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad to see you may have parts for sale as I probably burned my bridge with our friend from Minnesota.