More CarTunes, please?

Egao No Genki

I love listening to your CarTunes, I really do! I think I've listened to <span style="font-style: italic">all</span> of the songs on your jukebox- 103 years' worth (from 1902's "Get A Horse" to 2005's "The Road and the Radio.")

The jukebox is here: Junior AACA's Wimpy Jukebox

I'd like to hear more auto music from after 2005. Does anyone have any? If you have administrative powers, can you add them to the Jukebox? (If no one can, can anyone show me links to such songs? I'd like to hear what the newest and the latest auto songs sound like.)

I'm hoping to listen to songs about the newest features in today's vehicles, like Electronic (Roll) Stability Control, OnStar, etc. Thanks in advance. =-)

Thank you for the kind words about the Junior AACA Car Tunes. I am glad you enjoy listening to them. Most of the songs are from my personal collection of automobile songs. I do have some more to add but being on dial-up, it is a slow process.

I would be delighted to add some more contemporary songs but must admit that I tend to like the older songs. I need to do some research in this area. Can any one make some suggestions that I might add to the list?

Because of copyright issues, Car Tunes is set up so that you can listen to them only and are not available for download. Sorry about that but playing of copyright music on-line can be a touchy subject! smirk.gif The only songs that are copy right free are pre-1920. These can be found on the Internet in several locations.

Judy Edwards

Wev Editor, Junior AACA

OK - I posted three new Car Tunes today! smile.gif

1961 - Where are the Cars by Dinah Shore. A 1961 Chevrolet commercial.

1988 - Eighteen Wheels and A Dozen Roses by Kathy Mattea

1991 - Confusion Among a Fleet of Taxicabs Upon Meeting With a Fare by Raymond Scott

To listen to these Car Tunes, go to the Junior AACA Web Page; click on Car Tunes and choose the decade you want to listen to. Enjoy!!

Any more requests?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a good list of more car tunes here: http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=107&page=3 (On top of the 3rd page there, most of the tunes that are before 1923 haven't been added to your Jukebox yet, and copyright doesn't apply before 1923.) Oh, and good luck finding the audio files to these.

By the way, I already made some more requests on another thread. Have you thought of uploading "Drive My Car" by the Beatles yet?

• 2 months later...

Hi, do you have Broadband yet? We're already 8 years into the new century.

I'm really hoping to add "Drive My Car," recorded in '65 by The Beatles.

[*]Youtube music slide show with original song

[*]A modern remake

[*]Another modern remake, a cappella

Take your pick.

13 '64s on the Jukebox, no '65. We really ought to have a '65.

(PS: '64 must've been the "Golden Age" for the auto industry!)

Here is also a cute, catchy tune about early 70s Chryslers:

(attempting to embed video; if embedding fails, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbeJ9TJirLU#5KEdykS-Ai4)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbeJ9TJirLU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbeJ9TJirLU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is 24T42 still around? If you are, have you upgraded to a faster modem?

I feel that every time I respond to myself, I had better propose a new song to add. Here it is:

"Breakdown" by "Reliant K." Their album was released in 2001. Here is a music video:

(I used to be able to embed videos here. Why can't I anymore?)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8aSJIKkTM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8aSJIKkTM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• 1 month later...

I'm back, and not in the US any longer. (I'd love to find some Japanese automotive music and ask her to upload <span style="font-style: italic">those</span>! Doubt she will, though.)

Now, what are your opinions on the following two songs? (And music videos in this case.)

(Sample dialog with borrowed lyrics)

1P1: "What makes it happen?"

1P2: "Only Mustang!"

1P1: "Heh! Oh, really??"

1P2: "Only Mustang makes it happen! Only Mustang makes life great! Mustang warms you, and transforms you! This hot Mustang sets you free!"

1P3: "Guess what it is about Mustang that makes it happen! Maybe it's the styling that was new for '68. Features to choose from like select-shift, and AM/FM Stereo Radio. Maybe it's standards like bucket seats, or options like the fast 302 V8, and bold, racing hood-stripes. Or maybe it's the original idea; the better idea called Mustang!"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"...Maybe need a station wagon? Go See Cal!

If your wife's a-started naggin' and your tailpipe is a-draggin,

Go See Cal!

Go See Cal!

Go See Cal!"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I read that Cal's ads were seen on the ABC's "World's Funniest Commercials" specials.

Besides, how often does the Jukebox manager update it anyway?