Car Transport

RickBrinker

I have had no luck with DAS. I have heard lots of people have had good service from them, but there are plenty more that haven't! Try going to Moparts forum. There are quite a few guys that haul cars there and everyone seems to like their services. There is a seperate forum on their board for Transportation services.

Guest toybox99615

Have you though about just taking a few days and getting it yourself. It should be easy enough to rent a trailer for a long weekend. I would think you could make the trip in three to four days. I ship motorcycles now and then and every time I just cringe at what they charge; currently $ 1.25 a mile.

Bye the way I like your "A". I just sold my 31 coupe (same maroon paint)to further my 36 Dodge panel habit.

Guest toybox99615

It is sort of a no win situation: gas, food and motels can get spendy meanwhile the haulers seem to charge an outlandish amount. Harley's are $ 1.25 per mile shipping. I would imagine a car is going to be more expensive than $ 1.25.

2,400 miles would probably take you four days more or less. So I can see where it will not be cheap to DIY.

Once you get a price from the transport company would you post it for all of us to see. I think most of us would like to know what the going rate is. It might help a few of us look at the cost of DIY.

I'll put in a guess at $ 2.00 per mile from point to point.

Guest toybox99615

$ 1 per mile does not sound to outrageous to me.

As far as the insurance you probably need to have a talk with your agent. State Farm for example (my insurer) will definitely cover the vehicle when it is in transit in my trailer, your trailer or a commercial hauler. From experience I know first hand they will pay if there is damage. It is the deductible and declared values that you have to be careful with. Make sure it is well insured before you ship it.

Good luck with your adventure.

Guest austinsailor

>Can't insure it until its in my name can't put it my name

>until its inspected by the State of Ohio to make sure it

>hasn't been stolen some time in its life,and to make sure its

> what the Title says it is. S.N.A.F.U.

Hagerty will give you a binder with just the numbers. I would expect most would, as you can't even get an inspection to begin to put it in your name without insurance in many states. I don't recall them ever needing anything showing it's in my name, just must follow up with a check and picture later.

When I've gone to look at a car away from home, I get a binder before I even see the car or buy it, just in case I do so it'll be covered on the way home if I do buy it. It's not been a problem.