New carpeting now in

DAVES89

Guys I would be happy to put the tutorial on my website. I think it would be great. I may need it soon myself.

To get the best tutorial I suggest that a new thread be started with instructions from start to finish on installing the carpet. It should be done by people here who have installed the carpet. When you guys are satisfied whit the write up here on the board, I will copy it to my website.

I don't mind at all trying to pick through this thread and write a tutorial but since I have not actually done the installation it may not be accurate.

Guest daveagain909

matthewlawe, the installation I see looks great. Did the rear covers come molded to the storage area? If so again where did you get this kit? Also, the pictures I see of the provided consol side panels are deffinately for a 1990 or 91. If you send me the name of supplier I will call them and question them on price, quality, molded front and back, and other pertinent questions. Then I will post all results to forum.

Click on the link I supplied on this thread on 12/02/08.

That should answer your questions. Again I have not

heard from the Ebay supplier on this thread and still

could not get through to Carmotorsports.com where Dave

and I purchased our carpet. And yes, the rear deck or

cargo area were molded. Hope this helps.

Regards,

matthewlawe

89 White/Blue

It just occured to me...I was a carpet installer(homes)

helper when I was a teenager. The master carpet layer

worked his <span style="text-decoration: underline">magic</span> with cuts here and there to conform to

the various layouts of the various homes. Perhaps an

experienced carpet installer could take care of the

cargo compartments. Hmmmm....

Regards

matthewlawe

89 White/Blue

Guest drtoddh

Your Carpet looks great!! You asked about the compartment covers. I pulled off the old carpet. Then I saturated the top with kerosene. I let that soak for about an hour. Then gently took a paint scraper and picked the adhesive off like melted butter. The plastic is very tough. No scratches. The kerosene did no damage (I tested an area first). Todd

For anyone interested, I have added a tutorial on my website for installing new carpet that was derived from this thread. If you see any glaring mistakes or have something that needs to be added please let me know. Thanks to everyone that helped with the tutorial!!