Looking for Riviera Parts

Guest lvrpool32

Guest lvrpool32

Hi, my name is Nick and I have recently bought a 64 Riviera.

There are certain parts I would like to replace, such as the dash pad and the lens on the dome/sail panel lights.

Wheres the best places to look for these?? are they available as repro's or will I be searching for good used originals?

Any help is much appreciated.

Nick

The dome light lenses were used by many different car companies over a number of years. Check with your local GM dealer for new ones, or there are usually always some for sale on Ebay, or you can get them from dealer/members listed in the classifieds in the back of the ROA's Riview.

The dash pad is solid metal under the vinyl skin and pad. It shouldn't be hard for an upholstery shop to recover the one you have.

If your not already a member of the Riviera Owners, it's the best resource for restoration sources and tech information you can find.

Visit their website at www.rivowners.org and look for the membership link.

I found it easier when going into the local Chevy dealer for some of these lenses if you know the part number that you want. If they have to look it up in their computer, well... let's just say it takes longer.

Ask for PN 4765600. They won't stock it, they will need to order it for you - about 5.00 ea, as I recall. You will want to replace all 4 because they yellow with age, so you want them all to be nice and new and white.

This is one of the few parts you can still get from GM new for the first generation Riv. It might be fun to compile a list of all the others. I suspect it will be a short list!

Guest lvrpool32

Thanx for the response guys, have mainly dealt with old ' vette's, Camaro's, and Tr4's before I bought the 64 Riviera.

is there a site I can look up the right color "name" for my car...its a light bluey grey/silver right now...was told its the original color.

Nick

Look on the ROA site. I think that info is in the Public section and not in the Members-only section. I don't recall. Been a member for so long.

Join the ROA. A great organization.

You need to learn to read the data plate on your car. It should have a 2-letter paint code. (On Riviera the letters are the same, but on other Buick models that had two-tone paint options, the letters could be different.) That paint letter is your original color.

The ROA website has the information you need if you know the code from your Fisher Body Trim plate. Here's a link from Buicks.net that will show you the color and tell you the name.

http://buicks.net/years/64/64paint.html

As Jim said, joining the ROA is the best, least expensive tool you can buy to help you with your restoration. They have for sale in the Club Corner (following the classifieds) a CD rom that has 25 years of tech articles and tips; you'll be asking a bunch of questions that have ready answers if you have the CD.