annual maintainence

bigrog

some years just gas, oil and filters. grin.gif" border="0 <BR>other years <B>OH! poopoo!!</B> frown.gif" border="0 <P>If it ain't broke or down to its last 10% I won't touch it.<P>Most time spent washing & waxing

Barney, ya gotta drive it! Cost per mile will drop dramatically. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Costs? A little leather conditioner, $10 to flush brakes every other year, less than $10 to change coolant every second year, a good waxing, a few odd chemicals and lubricants every year, one or two oil changes with Mobil 1, maybe $50 or so. Transaxle flush and fill every 10K or about every third year in my case, $85. Two sets of plugs in eight years, one replacement set of wires, one serpentine belt and all hoses. I have a new hi-performance fuel pump but never installed it. One fuel filter, one oil pressure sender, two sets of tires, two rear calipers $300 (leaked), one set of stock pads front and rear $160, all new rotors (not really needed). Injectors cleaned by Caspers $85. Much of this was not really giving a problem but was done to know where I started. One set of front stabilizer links and sway bar bushings (which were shot and rattled)$90. Nothing electronic replaced in eight years. Oh yeah, one headliner last summer, $100. 95k on car now, but it is sleeping for the winter. Hmmm, maybe my cost per mile is like Barneys. The pleasure is worth every bit.

I bought mine 3 1/2 years ago for 3300 with 95000 miles, knowing it was beat up when I got it. Seems I have put about 800 per year the first two years, none the third(oil) and probably another 800 this year. Maybe this sounds cheap, or expensive, but I guarantee in the hottest of hot you will get cold inside, and I can depend on it to take me anywhere I want to go in this country. Still scrapin' for that new paint, though. Drive it daily when the salt is off the roads. This car costs me a lot in maintainence compared to my other cars and trucks, but this is the wifes car.... Good arguement point when the boat needs work!