First timer to Fall Hershey--suggestions?

Reatta Man

My wife and I are planning to attend the fall Hershey meet. I'd like to get any suggestions from the members about must-see places, people or events at Hershey for Buick enthusiasts.

The AACA Web site advertises 1,000 cars, 9,000 flea market spaces, and 1,500 car corral spaces. Obviously, some 'mission planning' seems to be a good idea.

Suggestions on which vendors, (big or small) or companies that shouldn't be missed, or any to avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Guest windjamer

Joe as a regular at Hershey may I ask how are you getting here? Are you showing a car or looking for parts? Hershey has parking for tralers and motor homes in walking dist. of the fields. Both show and flea makt. If your planing a hotel stay I sugest you reserve yesterday and try to find something twenty--thirty miles eather side.Hotels motels in hershey wil be expensive that week. If your looking for parts plan on at least three to four days of walking.You realy cant see it all in less time. AACA has a musium of old cars ten min. drive from the show field. Dont miss it.The flea mkt. will have welcome tents from many clubs, including BCA.Let me be first to say welcome,look for my green dodge p/u in the choclet field. Dick

Welcome to the Sweetest City in the World! Bring GREAT walking shoes as you will be on blacktop the entire time except for Saturday's car show. Get up EARLY and stay late. Some vendors are grouped a bit like the brass car guys and racing guys but you simply have to walk every space to find those gems.

This year there will be free 4 hour concerts on Tuesday night, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon. Buy a program early, this is a must as they sold out last year. There will be 9 information booths though all around the area.

Check the Hershey Region website before you come out for a complete list of activities. Friday's race car run and high wheeler event in the stadium is waaaay cool!

Sherrie's crab cakes are lip smacking good. Buy a Ken Ebert's poster...honoring 57's and naturally visit the AACA vending trailer on the Chocolate Field and get your Buick sign.

Have fun!

Thanks for the help. We are flying in; the '65 Wildcat convertible and '70 GS are in moderate condition right now. And, weather that time of year is tricky, so I don't want to drive on two days of rain or worse.

We will be walking a lot; if she gets bored, I just hand over the rental car keys while she goes to see something involving chocolate, and I enjoy the cars and parts.

Not planning to buy any parts since I am flying, but if I do pick up some treasures, I will know the way to the closest FEDEX office.....

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Joe:

As a 27 year veteran of Hershey, let me tell you that you can't see it all. What I do is go directly to the Hershey region tent and buy 2 programs, 1 to use and 1 for a souvenier. Cost: $6 for both. Look at the maps in there closely so you understand how the place is laid out and can find your way around. Make a list of the "must see" vendors and see tham first. Go thru the car corral for an hour each morning. Pick a field, for example, the Red Field that lays around the stadium and do it complete, looking for anything that interests you. Wife can do the big outlet mall just east of the fields, but there's stuff for the ladies to see too.

It will take you 4 years, doing a different field each year to get all the way around. It's approximately 30 MILES up and down the aisles. Don't miss the Friday at 11 AM race car run in the stadium. Go to the car show on Saturday. Be sure to stop at the Buick Club tent in the green field.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Dave Corbin