1990 Select Sixty to be auctioned

Barney Eaton

I am going to forecast (guess) 19K. Hefty buyers fee going on here.....Many folks do not realize or seem to think that 13% is not a big deal. Generally speaking 13% is not a big deal when you are trading in "dollars". BUT 13% of "thousands of dollars" as in 19 of them is somewhat of a fairly sizable BIG deal....like ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS worth. If you are fortunate to have 19K and win the auction, your actual cash layout will be almost 21K. This does not cover expenses to fetch the nice ride so it can go well over the 21K.

Do you folks remember less than a year or so ago a lady was having a very difficult selling a 3000 mile Select Sixty? Before it ended up being sold for 16k it was offered to me for 15k....Yup, I was very much a fool I guess...should have bought it and sold mine, but as BooReatta stated or insinuated above...there were outside influences involved...those "influences" wore a skirt frown.gif

Depending on how you look at a/the final sales price (as in with or without the 13% sales premium), I may be very close on my "guess" on the final price of the S/S ..... or waaay off. There was an excellent 90 black on red roadster w/6000 miles that just sold for around 21K. See auction detail below.

I do think that the S/S should fetch more than a standard roadster however, there are more folks out there that are not informed as to the rarity of the S/S than there are that do know or are informed. If the several loosing bidders on the black on red roadster are aware of the S/S auction, and a few more serious "aware" bidders are notified of the auction to create a bidders war, then this WILL be a very very interesting auction to watch.

Guest DAVESWF

'There was an excellent 90 black on red roadster w/6000 miles that just sold for around 21K. See auction detail below.'

I don't see any 'detail' ?????

Guest Tammy

Oh it does make me feel GOOD!!!

and I have had thoughts about selling my car.

(Only because the money (any money)would relly help us right now. We were given a offer to buy the place next to us, but the offer is only good for a week. So I have until Thursday to get my ducks in a row.)

BUT.....I'm in love with my little car and so are my kids! And I have lots of fun with it. If anything I would like to own a low mileage '91 coupe.