BCA National in Seattle (Reatta Fans)

Tacoma

Who is going to the BCA National in Seattle and are you bringing your Reatta? What year,and Model.Do you plan staying longer and seeing more of the Great North West? If you'r driving what route are you taking? I hope we have a good turn out for our club.See you there.

If you have any questions on the area let me know by PM. I'll do my best to answer them.

Jerry Vaughan.

PS: I think August 26th is our one day this year without rain.

Yes, my wife and I will be driving across the country from the eastern part of Pennsylvania to attend the BCA National in Bellvue, WA. using Route 2 for most of the trip. We won't be bringing our Reatta, but will be driving a late Riviera. We will also be part of the BDE sponsored "After Tour" that leaves Bellvue on Sunday morning,July 26th, and winds its way to Hannibal, MO. We have an added incentive to come to Seattle, as our youngest son and his family live there. We have visited before, and it is truly a beautiful part of our great country.

Ed

Sounds like a great trip. It's not often we get a chance to get off the interstate, seems like everyone is in such a hurry. I have only traveled route 2 in Washington and I can say it is a beautiful trip through the Cascades. I stongly recommend you plan a few hours to stop on the German village of Levenworth WA which is on 2. Most all the buildings are right out of a German Village painting. Lots of festivaties during the summer and good German food.Camera is a must.

We are flying in on Monday, want to see the LeMay car collection, maybe Boeing, and Snohomish shops.

Are there any other areas with a concentration of antique shops? I want to try some local food, open to good local resturants that the average guy can afford.

Where is the Olympia brewery? do they have tours? We are staying in another motel the first three days because of the higher rate at the host hotel, they would not give the meet rate for days earlier in the week.

Guest Reatta1

Barney, due to taffic, the Olympia Brewery is a good hour or so south of Seattle. Olympia is at the southern end of the sound and is the State Capitol. We are driving the 88 Reatta to the meet and staying at an offsite motel due to cost. Looking forward to meeting you and all the other Reatta afficiando's.

Jim Stagl

aka Reatta1

Yes Kathy and I are flying in on Wednesday and are staying at one of the hotels at the show. Hopefully we can go on the late nite trip on the big pond. Hey Barney if you are going to the brewery let me know, we are renting a car to get around and a trip to the south sounds like a hoot. We also will try most of good places to eat. I hope everyone plans to get togather at the picnic.

See ya all there. And Reatta1 let me know if you need help getting your car ready

BOOREATTA

The reason we are arriving on Monday is to get the non-Buick activities done early. It seems there is never enough time once things get started.

PS...thanks to BCA members that voted for me....I was elected to the Board.

Barney, Et Al

The LeMay auto collection is a fantastic experience. It's a collection of old buildings stuffed full of old classics in every condition. I have gone to see this several times. It's here in Tacoma and you should plan on spending a full day, and even at that you will not be able to cover it all. It is not only ols autos, it's everything old. Harold LeMay was in the trash collection business before he died a couple of years ago. The company still exists and is one of the largest trash businesses in Washington. Harold made millions and used a lot of it to build his collection.(Has web site)

Boeing has a great museum with a fantastic collection of aircraft at Boeing Field (Has web site: Boeing museum of flight)

Food: Ned to visit Ivers (Fish and chips and other good things)on Lake Union. Eat on the waterfront patio and watch the boats. Also don't forget the Seattle fish market. It also has some antique shops below the main level which many visitors don't know about and they miss a lot of unique shops.

A better place for Antiques (I think) is a 3 block streach of shops here in Tacoma called "Antique Row" on Broadway st.(website: Antique Row Tacoma)(Web site) Also in Tacoma is the Glass museum that Dale Chihuly (World famous glass artist) started.(Web site)

Sorry to say that the old original Olympia brewery in Tumwater is closed and now for sale. No tours that I'm aware of. Oly is now made by another brewery in Calif. (Web site)

Sorry to see the old brewery closed- I was stationed at Ft Lewis for awhile in the early 70s, and they used to give us the GI Tour-right to the tasting room. What ever happened to Ft Lewis? I thought once the 9th Inf Div left it was closed.

Guest mgibson

Anne and I are driving out in our Rendezvous. We are not bring a Reatta because of distance and lack of space. Hope to see old friends there and make some new ones!

Fort Lewis (named for Lewis of Lewis and Clark fame) is alive and thriving. I'm an old retired 1st Sgt and took basic training there in 1956. I now live about 6 miles from the fort. Ft Lewis is now home to I Corp and 2 Striker Bragades and many special forces and special ops types.There will be many more when the war draws down. The main fort has notchanged much, a new PX and commisary. North Fort is where all the action is, Hundreds of new on base homes, The old Parade field is filled in with hundreds of new troop quarters, big new gyms and other multi-story buildings. However a number of the old WW-II barracks where I took basic are still there being used for reserves monthly training. I like to take a tour every few years just for nostalgia and think about the old days of the OD uniform and brown boot army, peeling potatoes on KP and stoking the old coal furnace on fire watch.In later years during Viet Nam the north fort was a shipping point for me and many troops going and coming from Nam. How a kid from Southern California (who swore never to come back to this part of the country) eventually returned is another story for another day. Tom, would be nice to make a trip this way if you can. There is a lot of info on the web about the base. and I would be happy to give you a tour.