Time Flies.........

Guest BruceW

Guest BruceW

I guess as of today I am no longer considered "youth" by AACA definition (up to 40 years old). At 2:45am this morning in 1961, I began the long and winding trip through life. That trip has included becoming a member of the AACA 10 years ago, an action that I have never regreted.<P>Such days as today make you think a lot about the past and the future. Just wanted to give thanks to all that made and continue to make the AACA a great organization to belong to. Also thanks to the fellow AACA members I have met in the past 10 years for the friendship and cameraderie. I just hope that I am still able to be here in another 40 years. grin.gif" border="0

BruceW,<P>Congrats! Can I officially call you "old man" now?<P>Peter<P>P.S. My 40th is 220 days away... but who's counting? smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: peterg ]

BrucwW - Happy Birthday -- Ah youth smile.gif" border="0 You are a mere child wink.gif" border="0 <P>Jan K - 50 is easy. 60 is easy. 70? I'll let you know shortly. But anything beats a trip to the marble farm. rolleyes.gif" border="0<P>Ted - It is with me. I'm too old for long combat shocked.gif" border="0 <P>hvs<p>[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Happy birthday Bruce! As I recall, 40 was just another day and 50, a couple of years ago(I think), was also no big deal. I honestly believe that you are as young as you feel. Unfortunately, some days I feel like 30 and the next day I feel like 80. I guess this is nature's way of telling us not to overdo anything.<P> grin.gif" border="0 Glad to see that Howard (HVS) is back with us. Although I estimate that I am a few years his junior, I share a lot of his points of view. I guess that makes me a younger old phart!<P>Anyway, I hope that Bruce and Howard both continue to enjoy their lives and continue to share them with us! smile.gif" border="0

Ahhhhh to be 40 again! Just think about all that wisdom and experience, and all that you've got left to learn and see and do. And these old cars, and this great hobby will help get us there. Ive heard that collecting anything adds at least 4 years to your life. Lets see now, thats 4 for my spark plugs, 4 for my sheetmusic, 4 for my brass lamps, 4 for my.... see you for breakfast at the old folks home!<BR>Terry

Bruce, HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!<P>40 was a surprise to me, since I was 38 for two years. I didn't think much about turning 50. The only thing I have noticed is that most women over 50 do not have grey hair. I seem to be the only one with grey hair; so, today I did something about it. <P>Howard, who were you trying to kid, I knew you would be back and I am glad.<P>Janet smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Happy birthday Bruce W. I too just turned 40 years young in May. I felt the same as the day before. I hope we all have many years of car collecting ahead of us. Welcome back HVS!

HVS,<P>Actually, my hair doesnt rust... it tarnishes. grin.gif" border="0 However... I have lots of service rust, at least in spots. smile.gif" border="0<P>Peter

Guest BruceW

Peter<P>You can call me anything you want......<P>....I'll be sure to save a space next to my rocking chair for yours! wink.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

hvs & peterg -<BR>I certainly hope that this is a signal that the combat that we have witnessed has been resolved. If so, I think that's great! And by the way, BruceW have a happy 40th.<P> grin.gif" border="0

I check this forum to see what the oldtimers have to say about different subjects. Now I find that I am older than a lot of you (57). Ouch! frown.gif" border="0<P>1936 LaFayette<BR>1952 Studebaker<BR>1980 Corvette

Guest rcirilli

Forty is the party birthday, have a ball. Fifty is easy to, I really don't expect 60 to be anything bad. As long as I can crawl under the cars and find a way to get back up, life is GOOD ! Happy birthday....

Guest BruceW

Jan,<BR>Wisdom? Still waiting for it to arrive. I think its probably stranded along the road somewhere ..maybe in Texas where Rick's (aka res1967) Plymouth was. grin.gif" border="0 <P>Ms. Ricketts,<BR>You are a classy lady no matter what color your hair is. smile.gif" border="0 <P>John,<BR>Di had to work that night so the "celebration" was a night at home working on the club newsletter. Don't know if someone would classify that under "dedication".. or just plain "old age". grin.gif" border="0 <P>All the Dfers,<BR>Thanks for the greetings and well wishes. Long live the AACA and long live the DFers!