imperial north/ yellow dog answers

imperial north , as close as i can get to the thunderbirds of the 1950"s. has chrome port hole rings, 1956 fender hash mark"s . and thunderbird chrome hood scoop , am shopping for continenal rear kit . red tc .shown yellow dog my 1990 black/black/black has a maserati quattroporte fender vents cut in fenders with 1950"s thunderbird hood scoop side ppes and custom grill, spoiler

post-56916-143138226352_thumb.jpg

post-56916-143138226359_thumb.jpg

post-56916-143138226365_thumb.jpg

post-56916-143138226367_thumb.jpg

Guest ImperialNorth

I always have a soft spot for a black car, nothing looks better than a black car when its clean. The irony is they are never clean, two minutes after they are washed the dust settles back on them. But that's a whole other discussion...lol.

I have seen a 93 Lebaron GTC with a continental kit on it, looked pretty good. I think the TC would look even better with one on it.

I bought a continental kit from a company in Kelowna BC. Canada. The company name is Continental Enterprises. They came up with a kit for our 51 Packard convertible. It came with everything the panels between the bumper and the body all the brackets. If you are interested you might try them.

I hadn't thought of the hood scoop & the vents in the fender, but they are all styling cues from the baby birds. Just a bit of trivia, Pachard built a concept car in 1952 that was a two seater sport model with a continetal kit etc called the Pan American, it too had a lot of similarities to the T Bird.....Oh...wait, that was before the T Bird, interesting

thank you for your answer imperial north . already called continental enterprises, was informed they do not carry one that would fit our cars. looks like i'am going to break down and buck -up for a e&g kit rather pricey. was looking for a possiable used one . thanks for intrest, michael key

Andy and Amy Lamana have a continental kit on their 1989 TC. They have been to a number of meets on the east coast and drove the car to at least one national meet in Nevada. It looks pretty good. I think Karleen had a photo in one of the newsletters.

Guest ImperialNorth

I hope they would post some shots of their car. I'd love to see a TC with the continental kit on it

Guest ImperialNorth

Awesome, if Sussan Summers was driving it it would be American Graffiti all over again. The C kit really does look good on the car. The wheels set it off as well

Tim,

I can now get the custom color Haartz fabric softtops for a fraction of that price. The brown Haartz is what should have been on all TCs with the brown vinyl roofs, but at the time the manufacturer could not get the dye to resist fading. Now a few owners have put the "intended" ones on their cars. A few of the wooden steering wheels are out there also. I love mine, but it was a very expensive birthday present to myself....