5,000+ Points

5,000+ Points (5/7)

• Posting Machine Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Dedicated
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. The subject car is a four place cabriolet with front hinged doors. The car below appears to be a two placed model with rear hinged doors. Otherwise, quite similar. Fiat 1500 6c 1936 GHIA coachwork.
  2. merc man from oz: Thanks for the colorful brochure. What was the hierarchy of all those different models, price wise? (as in Buick's Electra, Invicta and LeSabre) Also what was the 1960 - 1961 full sized Dart and how did it work into the model scheme?
  3. The Rolux was a French automobile manufactured from 1938 until 1952.[1] The product of a Lyon company better known for making the New-Map motorcycle, the light car, also sold as a New Map, had a single-cylinder, air-cooled, two-stroke, 100 cc engine made by Fichtel and Sachs. The engine was mounted behind the driver with chain drive to the back axle. The body was an open two-seater with no doors. In 1947 production moved to Clermont-Ferrand, and the company was renamed as Société Rolux, and the car became the Rolux VB60 or Baby. In 1950 the engine, now by Ydral, grew to 125 cc and a 175 cc version, the VB61 was also introduced. A proposed closed car was shown in 1946 but never reached production. Car manufacture stopped in 1952 after about 300 were made, but the company, renamed to Société de Construction du Centre and moving to Puy de Dome, continued making motorcycles and some small 3-wheeled vans.[2]
  4. This photo was reportedly taken in 1928. Can anyone identify the make/year of the truck?
  5. (Same seller as the Blue one for $6000) https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/227083723304817/?ref=marketplace_profile&referral_code=undefined Details 56 4 door Hardtop 292 automatic dual exhaust p/s p/ brakes t and c radio rear speaker w/ switch front and rear seat belts padded visors fender pads rocker moldings front cattle guard fender skirts electric wipers fingernail scratch guards on all 4 doors. Solid frame no rust have all restoration photos, . Was restored back in 95 a great comfortable ride. Factory ABC interior in really good shape have probably put 15k miles on it . Always garaged never seen snow a rain storm or 2. Have too many fords not enough time or people who want to drive them kids don't want them so it's time for a new home . Located in North Idaho $25,500 serious inquiries pm me. Source Low Avg High NADA $4,525 $10,000 $16,500 Source 5: Low 4: Mid-low 3: Avg 2: Mid-high 1: High OCRPG $3,480 $5,800 $13,050 $20,300 $29,000
  6. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1174465407255136/?ref=product_details&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks Seller's description 1956 Ford 4dr Victoria hardtop all original power steering automatic transmission has new brakes and master cylinder. 292 4 Bbl dual exhaust runs and drives . Needs some work but drive it and enjoy it. No trades. $6000 The '56 4-door hardtop is rather a rare bird. I couldn't find production numbers on google, so maybe someone has a better reference. I believe this model was a mid-year introduction and had just a limited time on the market. I recall as a kid, I was able to tour the Milpitas (CA) and watch the '56's being assembled. There was a story that when the "Fordor Victoria" (Ford's term, see brochure below) was first assembled at that plant, the rear doors would not close. These cars were held until a fix could be determined and implemented. I believe the story was documented by the San Jose Mercury-News at the time, This example would take a lot of work to even approach a dependable driver and the cost would never equal the value. Maybe someone will see value in preserving it and improve it over a period of time.
  7. We were looking for a van to haul five kids, two adults, various numbers of neighborhood kids, and two dogs. Came across an early eighty's Dodge van. Nicely appointed with plenty of room, economical six cylinder engine, and factory manual transmission - floor shift. Don't remember if it was 3 or 4 speed, but it was rather peppy for a van and I liked it, but the wife didn't care for manual shift. End of Dodge. Found a similar Ford with an automatic. Happy wife.
  8. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/danville-alameda-hornet-rooter-car/7771564393.html This 1932 Plymouth model PB has been in my family for over 90 years. It is fully functional and the paint was done about 8 years ago. There is an Alameda Hornet emblem in the back window. This car was in the annual 4th of July Parade in Alameda this year. (503) 319-3794
  9. https://kamloops.craigslist.org/cto/d/chase-1939-chrysler-royal/7767238644.html (Sort of bright and flashy for a Chrysler sedan, but I like it.) 1939 Chrysler Royal 4dr sedan with doors that open up like suicide doors .This car has only had 3 owners since 1939. A complete restoration was done a number of years ago. All the chrome on the car was restored . The inline 6 cylinder flathead engine has been rebuilt and it puts out 100 hp . The transmission is a 3 speed synchromesh that has been rebuilt. The interior has all been restored. The mileage is showing 48280 miles . This car is located in Chase BC if you’d like to have a look !Not looking for any trades .Open to Offers 83ba2212ea7c3560803397e1e1ffdd88@sale.craigslist.org
  10. Back in the early '60's, Jack Passey had a metallic green '53 Caribbean for sale at a swap meet in the SF Bay Area for under $1000, probably less, but my memory is not that sharp any more. Naturally it was just a used car at the time, not a restored show piece, and little interest was generated. He certainly had an eye for "classics", and was ahead of his time in his wide appreciation of them.
  11. I purchased my '72 F-100 new in January of 1973 in San Jose Ca. as a model year "left-over". 390/C-6, it now clocks somewhere in excess of 700,000 miles running on its third engine. Still a reliable ride around town and on the farm. No problem at 70 mph on the highway, but mpg at 50 is much better. It's hauled everything from tractors and farm animals to a 17,000 mile cross-country excursion pulling a 25 foot 5th wheel camp trailer, not to mention visits to Canada and Mexico. Had a chance to buy this or an F-250 at the time. but the F-250 ride was much harsher and gearing was low. I figured both mileage and top speed would suffer. I also have a short wheelbase 1970 F-350 flat bed, but that's a whole 'nother experience.
  12. Recall the earliest '59 ford top series was the Fairlane 500. The Galaxie was a later introduction which featured the Thunderbird influenced "C" pillar. By the end of the model year, the newer Galaxie roof style was offered on all Fairlane 500 hardtop and sedan models.