Reproduction floor mats

BadgerRivFan

They should fit - Carpet Savers, or Handy Mats were pretty well universal for all models, the main difference being the colours offered. Most popular is Black. They also came in two styles, single full front, or a left/right set, and the same for rear mats. There was also a matching 'trunk' mat.

Guest Riviera66

They're universal up to a great point. Especially the driver one had differences though between that used in '60s and that used in '70s (think it due to the way the gas pedal was mounted differently). The one piece over hump were never considered 'correct' by Buick dealers for the Riviera; they were listed by their books as not being for Riviera. Getting these in colors would be wonderful for all the owners with non-black interiors.

Darwin Falk

1966-70 ROA Technical Advisor

• 1 month later...
Guest Riviera66

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is also a difference in the actual size of the rear handy mats. At some point the A body cars received smaller mats. I have NOS examples of both.

Tom Mooney ROA #56 </div></div>

Yes! Forgot about that size change. My parts book shows '73 as the 1st year for separate A-body mats. According to the book, 73 and later A Bodys (Skylarks) and X Bodies (the Nova-clone called Apollo) got both front and rear mats with different part numbers. So the fronts and rears are both different from that year on.

Darwin Falk

66-70 ROA Technical Advisor

Rob, the original mats in my 1975 Electra have a white tri-shield. But I think 1975 was the last year. My 1976 Electra didn't have the factory floor mats but I have seen pictures of others and the tri shields were not white.

The tri shields in my 1967 Riviera with Aqua floor mats are not white, they are a lighter green. I bought a NOS aqua floor mat on eBay and the tri-Shield wasn't white either. It was the same lighter green as those in my 1967 Riviera.