1911 Marion ??? on ebay

Layden B

Layden, I am somewhat familiar with this car, since it lives just a few miles from me. I don't want to wish anyone ill, but this is an estate sale and the sellers may not know exactly what they have. I believe now, and have always believed this car to be a home made Overland Speedster. If you look closely at the photos of the wheels, you can see where the Marion centers have been silver soldered into the hubs. The headlights are pure overland, since they came from our barn about 5 years ago and we told the then owner that the headlights were from an Overland, and they fit the forks perfectly. When I questioned the then owner of the heritage of this car, he waxed poetically about the car being on the Isle of Man and so forth.... Be careful.....

Frank

I think that it might be the the same one. I saw it in Colorado and I was not impressed with the workmanship. It looks like a junior high school shop class did the work. I am not sure what it sold for, but I am sure what ever it was it was more than it is worth. It is sad to see something like that which someone paid good money for.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

As best I can determine the whole car was Overland including the frame and steering ( which was my original question). The name plates were all modern repro/fakes.

As for contacting the buyer, all you have to do on ebay is click on the bidders name and send a message! Be aware that you may be opening a bag of snakes that you never would expect.