Hot air through shifter opening

Mice007

Hi Guys,

When my '69 Riv reaches normal, running temperature, as the car goes the wind blows some hot air inside through the center console shifter opening to my right leg. It is not serious but on a hot day it gets uncomfortable after a while. Did anyone else have this problem or especially any solution to this? 

Probably the rubber boot has a crack/split in it.  A used 50 yr. old part is probably not much better, for awhile anyway. What you could do for the time being until you can find a replacement is to remove it & pack some house insulation under it to keep the air from migrating through for the time being until you can find a replacement. I DON'T think they are reproduced & I don't know if something from another make/model can be used.

Tom T.

The Group 10B 1972 Buick Illustrated parts manual ppgs 10-106 (69 9000 long console) or 1--108 (70 9000 long console) does not show any rubber baffle for the shifter built into the console. The floor attachment does not appear to be in this manual but may be covered in the 69 or 70 Fisher Body manual.

Maybe someone with the 69 or 70 long console can talk about how the floor shifter hole is weather proofed.

• Like 1