Ford tailgate window section 1950s wagon -- what year, please?

lump

I was at an estate auction with about 75 collector vehicles and many tons of parts in Michigan recently, hoping to find some used original parts for my 1970 SS 454 Chevelle project. It was massive, and by the end of the day, most bidders were out of money and hauling-space on their trailers, and just plain exhausted. I was able to buy some items at good prices then. But several times I had to buy a "package deal" to get the piece I wanted. So I came home with a bunch of "bonus" material.

One such item was an upper tailgate section from a 1950s station wagon. It reminded me of a Ford wagon, so I searched for photos online. Sure enough, it seems to be a match to upper tailgates I found on photos of 1953-55 Ford wagons. But in order for me to match this uncommonly nice piece with someone who needs it, I need to be certain of the application. Can you help? 

I noted that the chrome latch seems to match perfectly. but the stainless trim on the perimeter has squared corners on my gate, and I only found a photo like that on a 1955 wagon photo. Yet I'm not sure. 

The die-cast chrome latch handle has a cast number inside, which I think is BN 59434 04A. 

Tailgate window 50's unknown 1.JPG

Tailgate window 50's unknown 3.JPG

Tailgate window 50's unknown 4.JPG