1951 Chieftain Wiring

Lisa P

Ah yes, one of my favorite jobs, wiring.  My car had been completely disassembled before I bought it, so I have a question.

My wiring diagram mentions a parking brake indicator lamp but I have not located a switch or anything on the brake itself.  Does anyone have an idea regarding this?  

Again, thank you for your patience and insight.  I really appreciate it!

Edited by Lisa P
added another question (see edit history)

Gary, thanks for the response!  I wasn't able to find anything on the handle, but there is a light without a socket, perhaps that is the one, I'll give it a try tomorrow.  Also, does anyone happen to know what type of light socket is correct for the hood ornament?  I have the ornament, but the socket it long gone.  thanks again!

• Like 1

Lisa, .. Here are a few pictures. This is on my 53, not a 51..... The switch is under the hood where the hand brake cable goes around the pulley. The bracket is mounted on the one body mount bracket on the firewall.. The indicator light on 'my' car is mounted on the dash on the left, just below the light switch. I am thinking that this one was added to the car after original assembly because of the rust around the hole. It appears to have been drilled by hand after the car was painted. I have seen a few interior photos of 53's.... Some have this, some don't. .. John

IMG_20180906_182559135.jpg

IMG_20180906_183111189.jpg

• Like 1

John, thanks for the photos!  I definitely don't have this set up, I'll keep digging behind the dash to look into other options.  I have all of the lights working with the exception of the left turn signal.  Again, thanks so much for the photos, they are worth a million words.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...